|Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit|
|When||August 23 – September 5, 2012|
|Free Item(s)||See Free items|
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
The Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit was a party in Club Penguin that started on August 23, 2012, and ended on September 5, 2012. The island was decorated as a jungle paradise full of palm trees and fruit that Rockhopper brought back from "Innocent Island", and a mysterious temple made of fruit in the jungle waiting for its secrets to be unlocked. Another part of the story for this event was the so-called Cursed Volcano, in which penguins must throw fruit into to destroy it.
The Club Penguin Team partnered with children's smoothie company Innocent Smoothies to make it. The party provided the launch of a new in-world game inspired by the company, named Smoothie Smash, in which players can mix their own smoothies. There was a Temple of Fruit Catalog and a Fruit Scavenger Hunt.
|Grape Headband||Rockhopper's Rare Items||No|
|Rockhopper's Tropical Background||By meeting Rockhopper||No|
|Yellow Kahuna Background||Volcano Mouth||No|
|Red Kahuna Background||Volcano Mouth||No|
|Green Kahuna Background||Volcano Mouth||No|
|Grape Bunch Costume||Volcano Mouth||No|
|Watermelon Costume||Kahuna Kave||Yes|
|Apple Costume||Kahuna Kave||Yes|
|Pineapple Costume||Kahuna Kave||Yes|
Following the end of the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, warm weather prompted party planners to host a party making use of the temperature. A week later, in issue 355 of the Club Penguin Times, it was revealed to be a fruit themed party. In the same issue, Rockhopper, being interviewed by a jet pack wearing reporter, announced that he was bringing lots of fruit and a rare treasure, a statue he found in an ancient underground temple while exploring.
Although this was never mentioned in-game, on a promotional minisite for the Innocent Smoothies partnership, a comic depicted Rockhopper visiting "Innocent Island", which was where he got the fruit from.
A week later, still at sea, Rockhopper mentioned that the statue was making noises and getting bigger, prompting him to believe it was cursed. Another week later, the party started. After Rockhopper docked, a spirit in the statue named Big-Big Kahuna awakened and the statue grew to massive size and turned into a volcano temple, residing at the Snow Forts. The spirit was angry and hungry for fruit, prompting penguins to climb to the top of the volcano and throw fruit into the volcano's mouth.
In issue 357 of the Club Penguin Times, Rockhopper stated that in order to break the "Kahuna's Kurse" three "Sacred Fruits" were needed, which were a watermelon (at the Dock), an apple (at the Forest), and a pineapple (at the Cove). Then, players had to journey into the temple, and make their way to the top. Here, players could throw fruit into the volcano's mouth in order to calm it.
Halfway through the party the Big-Big Kahuna was calmed, but players could still access it as normal. Once the party ended, it shrunk to normal size and Rockhopper brought it back with him to the island he found it on.
Disney UK Website
Avast! Our favorite pirate, Captain Rockhopper, has brought tons of fruit, new adventures and a hungry volcano idol to Club Penguin island.
Everyone can collect fruit to feed the volcano, and member penguins can set off on a scavenger hunt to find fruity new costumes.
At the end of week one, after working hard to appease the volcano’s hunger, the new Smoothie Smash game will be unlocked in the three fruit room areas. After the party it will take its place permanently in the Coffee Shop – giving penguins a healthy alternative to the Coffee Shop’s regular fare.
- Like at the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, this party had a song released called Anchors Aweigh. It was sung by the Penguin Band and featured Rockhopper.
- If snowballs were thrown during the party, they would be replaced with various types of fruit.
- Unlike most Free Items, the ones at this party could be collected by clicking on them rather then standing by them.
- It was the last Adventure Party to be celebrated in Club Penguin.
- When attempting to collect the Apple Headband, Grape Headband, Pineapple Headband, and Watermelon Headband at the beginning of the party, they were labeled as "Undefined" and caused the game to be stuck loading forever if "yes" was clicked on the pop-up asking if the player wanted to obtain them.
- Sometimes at the start of the party, the cages at the Kahuna Kave imprisoning the Watermelon Costume, Apple Costume, and Pineapple Costume would open, making it so that players could obtain the items before the dates stated on the signs located in the room.
- Sometimes, Rockhopper's Tropical Background was unavailable, and attempting to send him a friend request would not work.
- On the day after the release of Smoothie Smash, if players tried to enter the Ancient Temple or the top of the Volcano Mouth an error message that read "There was an error." would sometimes appear.