- Not the article you were looking for? Check the disambiguation page.
The Beacon Telescope, commonly known as the Telescope, is a telescope located at the Beacon that is pointed towards the sea. The primary use is for spotting Rockhopper's ship The Migrator whenever he is sailing to or from the island. Various other things could also be spotted during certain times. As of Rockhopper's Quest, a red beacon could be seen in the distance.
- At any time when the sky over Club Penguin Island changed, such as Halloween Parties, the scenery viewed from the telescope changed as well.
- For one week, starting January 16, 2008, Rockhopper's ship could be seen crashing into an iceberg, with him and Yarr sailing away from the crash on a small boat, which later lead into the Save the Migrator Project.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the telescope became a kaleidoscope. Moving the mouse caused the view to change.
- During the Festival of Flight 2009, the telescope showed the sky instead of the sea, and clouds made from the Cloud Maker 3000 were visible.
- Two weeks before the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Purple Super Hero Meteorite could be seen falling from the sky.
- Before the Future Party, the Ultimate Proto-Bot 10000 could be seen flying towards the island.
- After the Pirate Party 2014, Pirate Crabs could be seen.
- Two weeks before the Star Wars Rebels Takeover, The Ghost could be seen flying towards the island.
Since May 22, 2014, a sound effect was added to the telescope. It is played whenever the telescope interface is opened.
- A portable, homemade telescope, similar to the Beacon Telescope, was used by Dancing Penguin in PSA Mission 1: Case Of The Missing Puffles to spot Aunt Arctic's puffles on the Tallest Mountain. Players had to fix it with their wrench; so that Dancing Penguin would let them use it.
- During PSA Mission 4: Avalanche Rescue, the Beacon Telescope could be taken off its place on the Beacon, and put on a telescope stand fixed in Gary's Room, to look at the correct path for sledding down the Ski Hill in order to save the lost penguins.
- On January 17, 2008, the Migrator crashed into a block of ice and for the first time players saw Rockhopper entering and exiting, from the Beacon Telescope.
- In PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain, the Beacon Telescope was broken, and players could help Rory fix it.