|Minigame location||Coffee Shop, Club Penguin App|
|Date released||August 22, 2005|
October 24, 2005 (everyone)
August 29, 2013 (Club Penguin App)
|Date closed||March 30, 2017|
Bean Counters was a Club Penguin mini-game that could be played by clicking on the java bean bag in the Coffee Shop. In this game, the player had to catch flying bags full of coffee beans coming out of a truck, while avoiding flying objects. The player must have also loaded the bags onto a platform. Players could not hold more than five coffee bean bags, as they would be crushed by weight and would lose a life. Players could collect more lives as they advance in levels. There were five trucks to unload, therefore, there were five levels. When finished all of them, players would receive an extra 60 coins added on to the amount of coins that you had already earned.
On November 14, 2010, the game was updated with new music.
There were various flying objects that were thrown out of the truck, referred to as obstacles.
- Coffee bean bag - In each level, the player had to catch them and then load a certain number of them on a platform. Up to five could be carried at once, but had to be unloaded individually. One life was lost when carrying six at once.
- Anvil - Being hit by one caused the player to lose one life. Always landed closest to the truck. Appeared in levels 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Fluffy the Fish - Being hit by one caused the player to lose one life. Always landed farthest from the truck. Appeared in levels 3, 4, and 5.
- Flower pot - Being hit by one caused the player to lose one life. Always landed at the middle. Appeared in levels 4 and 5.
- Extra life - Touching one caused the player to gain one life. Appeared in levels 3 and 5.
In level 1, the player just had to catch bags at a slow pace, with no obstacles. The player must catch 20 coffee bags. Your score must be 100 in order to proceed to the next level.
In level 2, the player must catch bags while avoiding flying anvils that came out of the truck.
In level 4, the player must catch bags while avoiding flying anvils, fish, and flower pots that came out of the truck.
In level 5, the player must catch bags while avoiding flying anvils, fish, and flower pots that came out of the truck, but faster than the previous levels. An extra life would also appear in some point of this level.
If you held any bags when any truck is unloaded, keep loading them to the platform before the next level starts, and you would earned 50 coins for every bag you unload when you did this. Each obstacle also fell in the same place each time.
- Main article: Jellybean Counters
If you clicked the bottom edge of the top bean bag and clicked the jellybeans. From there you could choose the difficulty: hard, expert, or extreme. Rather than unloading coffee bags, it was jelly beans you were unloading. The goal of this game was to only unload the colors of jellybeans that were shown on the color wheel. You should get the highlighted colors to the unloading platform. Make sure to grab every bag, but the ones with the wrong hues would be tossed back in the truck.
- There was a cheat to make money when you went to play and clicked the igloo button before the box asking if you want to play popped up, then playing at your igloo. You would keep clicking exit to upload your score. The Club Penguin team has fixed this glitch and you will be removed from the server if you try it.
- If you got an extremely high amount of points (probably only possible to reach at Jellybean Counters extreme/hardest difficulty) there was a chance that the game would glitch and award you one coin.
- It was one of the five original games on Club Penguin.
- The music and sound were first added on October 20, 2005.
- On November 14, 2010, the game music was updated.
- On January 31, 2017, the original music returned.
- On March 11, 2011, the game was given a major update. The penguin in the game was given a new look and the background was also changed, as well as the addition of the candy mode.
- A similar hidden candy level would be in Pizzatron 3000.
- The game was featured in the comic Anvil Counters where a penguin dodges the various flying objects.
- In the version 1.2 update of Club Penguin App, Bean Counters was added to the app.
These sprites were used before the 2011 update
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Empilha a Pilha||?|