|Where||At the Town Center|
|Opened||August 22, 2005|
December 11, 2013 (Club Penguin App)
|Renovated||November 1, 2012|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
The Clothes Shop (formerly known as the Gift Shop) was a clothing store located in the Town. Here, penguins were able to buy clothing from the Penguin Style catalog, or browse the Treasure Book. Many clothes were on display here as well, on shelves and racks. There was also a large runway in the center of the store, for showing off fashions.
- 1 History
- 2 Pins
- 3 Parties
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Names in other languages
- 7 SWF
- 8 Geographic location
The Clothes Shop was one of the original rooms in Club Penguin. When first opened, there were sports equipment, such as snowboards. On October 11, 2007, the sports equipment was relocated to the Sport Shop, and in their place, various other things were added, in correlation with the release of the Big Wigs catalog. These included more clothing racks, a shelf with wigs on display, salon chairs, and a poster labeled "DRESS UP".
On October 4, 2011, a treasure chest was added by the clothing racks, and when clicked on, would open up the latest Treasure Book. However, items can not be redeemed from this version, and the Treasure Book could only be browsed. On November 1, the Gift Shop was renovated, and renamed to the Clothes Shop.
|Soccer Ball pin|
|Tropical Bird Pin|
|Argyle Pattern Pin|
- During Medieval Parties, except for 2013, the Gift Shop was turned into a marketplace. There was a large stand in the left side of the room, covered by a tarp, which had various Medieval-themed clothing on display. In the center of the room, there was a stand with a harp, and on the right side, there was a large oven and a counter with pizzas, and a fountain by the entry. There were also various objects scattered about, such as a mirror and wheelbarrow.
- During Halloween Parties from 2008 to 2012, the Gift Shop was decorated with jack-o-lanterns, which replaced the mannequin heads with wigs. There were also orange and black banners hung up on the walls, and a skeleton hung behind the counter.
- During Holiday Parties, the Gift Shop is either decorated festively, or like a toy shop.
- In 2009 through 2011, Christmas lights, stockings, garland, and a wreath were all hung from the walls. The clothing on display was replaced with Christmas themed clothing, such as Santa Suits and Elf Suits. There were also other Christmas themed clothing on various objects in the room, such as the mannequin heads.
- In 2012 and 2013, the Clothes Shop became a toy store, where the walls were lined with shelves, filled with toys. There was a large racetrack in the center of the room, with several bins of stuffed toys around it.
- During the Puffle Parties from 2014 to 2016, the Clothes Shop was turned into a salon for puffles. On the right side of the room there was a reception desk, some chairs and a table, and a purple puffle rug. In the north side of the room there were some makeup stands, a recliner, and a stage with cameras around it. The south side of the room was decorated similar to the spa section of the Puffle Hotel Spa, with the addition of baths.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the Gift Shop was turned into a rough sketch.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, while the room was not decorated itself, walking through the door would transport players to the Iceberg.
- During the Fashion Show, the Gift Shop was the only room decorated. The right side of the room had a large runway, with cameras, many chairs, and portraits of penguins positioned adjacently. There was also a control panel which could change the color of the lights on the runway from buttons. On the left side of the room was a dressing room, with mirrors, clothes racks, and makeup stations.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Gift Shop was turned into a costume store, with many costumes based on Marvel characters were on display in glass casing. The left side of the room had villain costumes, while the right side had super hero costumes. Both sides also had entrances to the Villain Lair and Hero HQ, respectively. In the center of the room there was a box of free Miners Helmets, and a stand which sold items for all players.
- During the Hollywood Party, the Clothes Shop was decorated as a mixture of the regular design of the room and the Fashion Show design. There were vibrant colors, tables with sewing machines, and even more clothing racks and makeup stations. There was also a judge table with large chairs.
- During the Muppets World Tour, the Clothes Shop was transformed into a museum, with many artifacts on display, including crystals, golden idols, a painting, a knight sculpture, and dinosaur fossils.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Clothes Shop was decorated the same way as the Stone Salon room from the Prehistoric Party 2014, with the addition of a speaker box, the chest for the Treasure Book, and the Penguin Style catalog, due to the Stone Salon not containing either.
- The Penguin Style catalog opens upon entering the changing rooms on the left side of the room.
- The Penguin Style icon in the bottom right corner of the screen used to incorrectly be labeled as the Better Igloos catalog. This was fixed during the Big Wigs update.
- Even if the Gift Shop is renamed to Clothes Shop, the Tour Guide, Stadium, Jet Pack Adventure, PSA Missions, and the Club Penguin Times may still display the old name "Gift Shop".
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Tienda de Ropa|
|Portuguese||Loja de Presentes|
|Spanish||Tienda de Regalos|