As you all know, some users here have extra user rights, such as chat moderators, rollbacks, patrollers, admins and bureaucrats. They all do their jobs regularly in our to serve the wiki, but these users may come to a period that causes them to become inactive. It would be useless to have power vacuums on the wiki.
So, to avoid any problems the wiki gave a limit of inactivity depending on the position of the particular user.
The time limit for...
- Chat Moderators - 1 week limit only (must not go over 1 week without being in chat).
- Rollbacks - 2 weeks limit only (must not go over 2 weeks without making a mainspace edit).
- Patrollers - 2 weeks limit only (must not go over 2 weeks without making a mainspace edit).
- Interface editors - 2 weeks limit only (mainspace edits not required).
- Admins - 3 weeks limit only.
- Bureaucrats - 3 weeks limit only.
You will be warned three days before you reach the limit. If you still do not make an edit or come on chat before you have reached this limit, you will be demoted.
Although, some exceptions are...
- Homework - If you have loads of homework, please notify an admin when you can be active again.
- Exams - If you have a period of exams, please notify an admin when your exams will end.
- Illness - If you are sick, it is better to take good care of yourself. Please notify an admin when you are well.
- Injury - If you are injured, it is better to take good care of yourself. Please notify an admin when you are well.
- Vacations - Please notify an admin of your vacation period.
- If it becomes apparent that you are abusing this policy so you do not have to perform your job, then you will be demoted immediately.
- As a chat moderator, when you have reached the 1 week limit, you cannot simply log on and off the chat without saying anything to avoid a demotion.