|Minigame location||Night Club|
|Date released||January 15, 2009|
|Date closed||March 30, 2017|
Dance Contest was a mini-game in Club Penguin, located at the Night Club, released during the Dance-A-Thon. Its gameplay mechanics were similar to the ones from Dance Dance Revolution, as players had to match the arrow directions floating upwards across the screen, passing colored markers, by pressing the corresponding arrow keys. The more accurately the player pressed an arrow key in relation to when an arrow passed a marker, the more points were received. If this was done enough times consecutively without missing, a streak began, yielding more points.
Additionally, Purple Puffles joined the game when walked. While they did not affect gameplay, they passively earned extra points for the player.
- Solo – Play the game without anyone else.
- Multiplayer – Compete against other players. Only accessible to members.
- Expert (accessible on both solo and multiplayer mode; on solo mode the player needed to click Cadence to access)
The first three tracks were available since the game launched. The three member-only tracks were introduced on April 24, 2009.
When a song ended, the accuracy of the player was rated. There were 6 different grades, based on the number of perfect, great, and good hits relative to the total notes in the song.
- Grade AAA – only perfect hits.
- Grade AA – only perfect and great hits.
- Grade A – notes hit percentage was exactly 100% (only perfect, great, and good hits).
- Grade B – notes hit percentage was at least 75% and less than 100%.
- Grade C – notes hit percentage was at least 50% and less than 75%.
- Grade D – notes hit percentage was less than 50%.
- It was featured on a Card-Jitsu power card.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Concurso de Dança|