The game board
|Minigame location||See list|
|Date released|| January 17, 2013|
January 23, 2014
January 20, 2016
|Date closed|| January 31, 2013|
February 5, 2014
February 3, 2016
Dino Dig was a single player game in Club Penguin. It was available in several rooms during the Prehistoric Party 2013, 2014 and 2016 only on the ancient island. In 2014, it could be played on the present island in digloos.
The game had parallels to Treasure Hunt, but had various other items and was only single-player.
The game was played in a 10×10 sand board. The player had 12 turns, on which the player uncovered a row or a column-one on each time-in order to find bonuses. Playing was done by clicking a cell in the row/column.
When a row and a column crossed each other, they created a deeper pit. In case it contained a bonus drop, it would be collected.
Coins were small rocks, and spread on an area of 1×1 lines. Each uncovered coin was worth 1 ordinary coin.
Eggs could be uncovered, but spread on an area of 2×2 lines. Eggs did not boost the coin reward, but were required for completing the scavenger hunt of the party, and allowed members to transform into Dinosaurs. There were 12 eggs in total.
Prehistoric Party 2013
- By finding all eggs, the player could obtain the T Rex Hoodie.
- Members could use eggs to transform into dinosaurs. There were 3 types of eggs, each for one dinosaur, and each egg came in 4 different colors.
Prehistoric Party 2014
- By finding all Stegosaurus eggs, the player could obtain the Stone Hatchet.
- By finding all Raptor eggs, the player could obtain the Dino Claws.
- By finding all Pteranodon eggs, the player could obtain the Rock Hard Hat.
- By finding all Tyrannosaurus eggs, the player could obtain the Primal Bracers.
- By finding all Triceratops eggs, the player could obtain the Primal Helmet.
- You could find Dino Puffle eggs.
Prehistoric Party 2016
- You could only find one egg per game.
- This game was similar to Treasure Hunt at the Captain's Quarters.
- It could be considered a "prehistoric" version of Treasure Hunt.
- There were 15 possible holes to choose from.
- It was the 3rd minigame that was playable from an igloo, after Card-Jitsu and Puffle Launch
- During the Prehistoric Party 2016, it was not playable at igloos.