| Future event
This article is about something that will occur in Club Penguin in the future. Things are subject to change.
|When||May 22, 2014 — June 5, 2014|
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
|Mascot(s)||Gary the Gadget Guy|
|“||SAVE THE ISLAND||”|
— The tagline for the party
The Future Party is an upcoming party in Club Penguin to occur from May 22 to June 5, 2014. It was confirmed on the Membership Page on April 3, 2014. During the party, players will be able to blast off into space.
A Future Party was first hinted in Spike Hike's backstory of #WaddleOn... with Gary!. Players responded with a desire for a Future Party, leading to the party being made. On November 8, 2013, Spike Hike posted on the fan blog Club Penguin Memories a little background about the episode.
|“|| A little backstory on the Future Dome… last year there was a plan to migrate CP to a new technology and we created the concept of the Future Dome as a way to preview all the new things the technology would bring. It would have shown the 3D penguin, the new rooms, and the ability to jump to friend. However, we found out the new tech wasn’t ready and so we decided to prove it out on mobile instead of changing the web.
We also had this cool idea for a commercial that never got made. Kinda of a spoof on Back To The Future. Gary would come back through time in the Time Trekker and jump out and say “Gadzook!! I just got back from the future! You won’t believe what they have there – we’re all in 3D!!” Rockhopper, Aunt Arctic, and Jet Pack Guy would all say “I want to see!” And jump in the Time Trekker. Just as they do Rookie would say “But Mr G, you almost forgot your computer!” And then G would say: “Computer? Where we’re going, we don’t NEED computers.” The Time Trekker would levitate up, the screen would pull back, and you would see that they were all on an iPad. We were going to try to license the Back To The Future music too. But Disney doesn’t own Back To the Future so it was too complicated. It was nonetheless, a cool idea.
So the Future Party never happened but all that stuff has been worked on and is being rolled out. But if people want a Future Party…
— Spike Hike on November 8, 2013
However, it is unknown if the Future Dome will be used in this party somehow.
- It will be the third type of party to focus on a specific period in time, the first being the Medieval Parties and the second being the Prehistoric Parties.
- This is the second time penguins will be able to go to space, the first being the Star Wars Takeover.
- May's party was originally going to be a Music Jam event, but that was proven to be false; the Music Jam has been confirmed to come sometime during the summer as the Music Jam 2014.
- A leaked song from Club Penguin was titled "Extra Planetary Force", a likely reference to the EPF for the Future Party. Another song named "Space Battle Robots" suggests that the EPF could be battling Robots, or controlling them.
- In the future, the EPF will become the Extra-Planetary Federation to combat threats in outer space and other dimensions. Penguins will be able to help the agency by using Robos at the party, based on mechas, a common element in science fiction.
- Protobot is likely to appear at the party, as hinted in a tweet by Polo Field.  This was also hinted in the newspaper and the homepage and logoff/login screens. In addition, in an EPF message, Gary stated that during his trip in the future, he detected a Protobot power signature, but needs more evidence.
- There will be a new, party-exclusive mini-game at the party.
- The tagline, "Save the Island", is similar to Operation: Blackout's tagline.
- An unknown robot, most likely Protobot, can (still) be seen through the Beacon Telescope two weeks before the party.
- This will be Gary's second mascot appearance of the year and third at a time travel party.
- Penguins will go into the future using a time portal accessible from the Snow Forts.
- This will be the first party not to use the Time Trekker to travel to a specific time period, yet the Time Trekker will be used as a power source for the portal.
Club Penguin Times
Names in Other Languages
|Portuguese||Festa Do Futuro||Party of the Future|
|French||Fête Du Futur||Party of the Future|
|Spanish||Viaje Al Futuro||Journey to the Future|
|Russian||Праздник Будущего||Future Party|
Sources and References
- ↑ What's New Blog comment
- ↑ https://secure.clubpenguin.com/membership/login.php?0
- ↑ https://twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/459012347034861568
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/11/spike-hike-talks-about-the-future-party-that-never-happened/
- ↑ http://clubpenguinspace.com/2014/04/club-penguin-future-party-music-revealed/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/polofield/status/459116127684395008
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2014/05/new-mini-game-future-party