| Sprite Character
This character appears in-game but not as a mascot, but rather for events, missions, interfaces, or etc.
|Full Name||Great Uncle Gariwald the Contraption Chap the Eighth|
|Position|| Gary's Great Uncle and a Paranormal Expert
Inventor of Ghost-related machines.
|Appeared|| Halloween Party 2012|
Club Penguin Times
Halloween Party 2014
|Color||Varies between pictures.|
|Clothes Items||Gariwald's Hair, Gariwald's Glasses, Gariwald's Coat|
|Related To||Garugg the Ugg Ugg (Greatx11 Uncle), Gary the Gadget Guy (Great Nephew), Garianna|
|Friends With||His White Puffle|
|Meetable Character?||Yes (Ghost Lab)|
Gariwald VIII, also known as Great Uncle Gariwald, Gariwald the Contraption Chap or simply as Gariwald, is Gary the Gadget Guy's great uncle. His ghost is seen in the Haunted Mansion at the Halloween Party 2012. Penguins were able find his ghost on the island during the party. Gariwald VIII is rich, as he owns a very large mansion built by himself. He appears in a photograph Gary is holding in the Club Penguin Times, issue #363, and again in issue #364. Gariwald also owned a Puffle, and the puffle's color is likely white.
Gariwald VIII was born some long time ago, a descendant of Garugg the Ugg Ugg. His brother or sister soon had children, and one of those children had a son, Gary the Gadget Guy, making Gariwald Club Penguin's resident inventor's great uncle. Gariwald built a mansion for himself. He built a Ghost Lab to experiment and researched ectoplasmic phenomena (in other words, ghosts). He ended up going missing inside of his mansion on Halloween night. Because of this incident, the mansion was deemed haunted.
The mansion was discovered by Gary the Gadget Guy and his group of ghost hunters, who entered his great uncle's mansion to hunt for ghosts. Gary the Gadget Guy looked for clues about his great uncle and why he mysteriously vanished into thin air. It was soon discovered, however, that Gariwald VIII turned himself into a ghost with his Ghostamatron 3000. Soon after, the mansion disappeared again, along with Gariwald.
- As Sensei says he arrived in Club Penguin Island before other penguins arrived, that means Sensei is possibly older than Gariwald VIII.
- He enjoys researching ectoplasmic phenomena (ghosts).
- On October 25, 2012, he said that he became a ghost to study them.
- In all the sneak peek videos, he has the Aqua color.
- You can see his ghost in the Ghost Lab even without the Ghost Goggles.
- Even if you wore the Ghost Goggles and the Ghost Catcher Uniform, and threw a snowball at him, you could not have captured him.
- Gariwald is not an official mascot because he does not have a player card, players cannot add him, and there is no stamp.
- There was a Gariwald Family Crest Pin available while he was around.
- In Gariwald's portrait and appearance in the Club Penguin Times, he appears to have a pet puffle.
- Gariwald's Mansion drifts through dimensions, as stated in issue #429 of the Club Penguin Times.
- Gariwald has appeared in two Halloween Parties so far, the Halloween Party 2012, and the Halloween Party 2014.
- He is the first, and so far only, member of Gary's family to appear at two events.
- He is also the first member of the family to be shown in both art styles.
- Technically, Gariwald is the only known relative of Gary who is not deceased, as he turned himself into a ghost intentionally, rather than dying.