| Meetable Character
This article is about someone who was meetable in Club Penguin.
|Full Name||Gary the Gadget Guy|
|Position||EPF Agent, Former PSA Agent, Inventor, Tech Lead, Scientist, Technology Specialist|
|Color||Old Blue (in missions and artwork) Blue (in game)|
|Clothes Items||Lab Coat, Gary's Glasses, Gary's Glasses (Prehistoric Party), Gary's Glasses Feb 2013, Gary 3000 Helmet (Robo Party)|
|Related To||Gariwald VIII (great uncle), Garugg the Ugg Ugg (great x11 uncle), Garianna (relative from medieval times), Gary 3000 (future self)|
|Friends With||Aunt Arctic, Dot, Jet Pack Guy, Rory, Rookie, Secret Agent (in missions), EPF Agent (in missions), Rockhopper, Darwin, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Roofhowse, Blizzard, Sydmull, Jangrah, Lorna, You (if you add him)|
|Voiced/ Played By||Wallace Shawn|
— Gary the Gadget Guy
- 1 Personality
- 2 Gary's Inventions
- 3 Role in the Penguin Secret Agency and Elite Penguin Force
- 4 Relatives
- 5 Relationships To Other Mascots
- 6 Appearances as a Mascot
- 7 Gary's Items
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- 11 Names in other languages
- 12 See also
- 13 Mission and mascot sighting compilation
Gary has gone through large amounts of character development and personality changes. Throughout his history, he has been smart and very helpful to most penguins on the island. When he made his debut as a mascot at the Halloween Party 2008, he appeared quiet and imaginative. He is very easily frightened as shown by his scripts during the Halloween Parties, and he used to be somewhat shy and potentially claustrophobic, as he often expressed his dislike for crowds, and would go so far as to run away from penguins that would crowd around him during meetups. However, as of the My Penguin Release Party, he's stated that he's not very shy anymore. and feels more comfortable around large crowds.
After being kidnapped and cryogenically frozen during Operation Blackout, he seemed to act more unusual and nervous and admitted that he was feeling a little strange, thinking that perhaps the cryogenic process could have been unstable, and effected his cerebral cortex. As of the Medieval Party 2013, he seemed to be back to his old self again.
He was briefly given an English background via his speaking mannerisms in the Club Penguin Times, although this seemed to have been abandoned later on, and he was depicted with an American accent in Club Penguin: Halloween Panic!.
- See main article: List of Gary's Inventions
Gary has been making inventions since the first day of Club Penguin. Many of his inventions are around the Island for use by normal penguins, while some were kept in the Gadget Room, like the Test Chamber and the Crab Translator 3000. Gary ends most of his inventions with a number like 1000 or 3000 (mainly 3000). It was revealed in Issue 16 of the Club Penguin Magazine that he has 2999 other versions that go wrong and that the 3000th version is always the completed version. It is probable that his projects receive copious funding from the EPF, since Gary would be unable to afford all required components without some source of financial support. Many of Gary's inventions have been proven as failures, such as the Ski Lift 1000, therefore suggesting that his inventing skill is not as good as he lets on, although this may just be because the failures are always prototypes, and the final '3000' always works fine.
Role in the Penguin Secret Agency and Elite Penguin Force
Gary is the lead scientist and inventor for the both the PSA and the EPF. When he appeared in Mission 2, he was depicted as a somewhat slick and suave scientist who owns the Sport Shop. In later PSA missions, he morphs into more of a leader and technical personality, and becomes more partner-like than superior towards the last secret missions, and in the EPF (although he issues orders and missions), he appears as more of a team member like Jet Pack Guy and Rookie.
Gary's role in the EPF seems to be secondary to his role being a mascot, shown particularly during Halloween Party 2012. It is also to be noted that Gary never once made any indication of the existence of the EPF during the PSA Era, outside of Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force.
Relationship to the Director
Gary is not the Director of the EPF. This was proven during Operation: Blackout, when the Director was revealed to be Aunt Arctic. G was the only known agent who was aware of her identity prior to this event.
Gary has designed nearly all PSA (and later EPF) field equipment, including the Spy Phone, and the I.S.E.E.U.. Gary often creates inventions with specific uses for certain missions, such as the Mini-AC 3000 for Operation: Hibernation. Gary created inventions originally in his room, then in the Gadget Room, and later in his lab.
Ever since Gary's great uncle made his first appearance at the Halloween Party 2012, it has become a running gag that one of Gary's ancestors were somehow involved in the plot of each party that Gary is present at. Some examples are Garugg the Ugg Ugg at the Prehistoric Party 2014 and Garianna mentioned prior to the Medieval Party 2013. During the Future Party, Gary meets his future self, Gary 3000. In issue #377 of the Club Penguin Times, he stated that he has many family members, including cousins, uncles and an aunt (not Aunt Arctic). Most of them are possibly shy.
Relationships To Other Mascots
Appearances as a Mascot
Gary normally appears two to three times a year, making him a moderately difficult mascot to locate. Upon finding him, players can receive his background and add him to their friends list.
- Halloween Party 2008
- Penguin Play Awards
- Festival of Flight 2009
- Halloween Party 2009
- Halloween Party 2010
- Halloween Party 2011
- Medieval Party 2012
- Halloween Party 2012
- Prehistoric Party 2013
- Hollywood Party
- My Penguin Release Party
- Medieval Party 2013
- Gary appeared on October 29, 2013 (during Halloween Party 2013), where he hosted a "Mad Scientist Convention" on the Server Mukluk.
- Prehistoric Party 2014
- Future Party
- Spanish 5th Year Anniversary Party
- Halloween Party 2014
- Pi Day
- EPF Training Missions 2015
- Inside Out Party
- 10th Anniversary Party
- Halloween Party 2015
- Prehistoric Party 2016
- Waddle On Party
Gary normally gives out a new background on his every visit.
- Gary Background
- New Gary Giveaway
- Gary Medieval Giveaway
- Gary's Giveaway
- Gary's Prehistoric Giveaway
- Gary's Explosive Giveaway
- Gary's Potion Giveaway
- Gary 3000 Giveaway
- Main article: Gary the Gadget Guy/Quotes
Gary has a collection of Club Penguin items that he has in his inventory, which are listed below.
|Blue (Color)||Gary's Glasses (4 different pairs, with 4 different player card appearances)||Gary's Lab Coat|
|Ghoul Detector 3000||Thunder Blade||Glowing Pumpkin Head|
|Gary Background||Rad Scientist Costume||Skyward Staff|
- Gary's first appearance as a mascot was during the Halloween Party 2008.
- Although Gary wears Old Blue in the Missions and on his player card, his in-game avatar is Blue.
- Some pictures show him writing with his left hand others show him using his right, meaning it is possible for him to be ambidextrous.
- In Top Trumps - Club Penguin, Gary is stated to have the highest intelligence out of all the other characters, with maximum 100/100.
- Gary owns at least six lab coats. One that he wears, another in the Gadget Room, three on a coat hanger in his room and one on the ground next to the coat hanger.
- Four of these were likely ruined in the popcorn explosion.
- According to both Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force and The Inventor's Apprentice, he likes extra strong cheese and anchovies on his Pizza.
- Issue #70 of the Club Penguin Times contradicts this, stating that his favorite food is Fish Dish pizza.
- Issue #71 again contradicts this statement, stating that before making the Pizzatron 3000 his favorite was plain cheese, while afterwards he prefers icing sugar, hot sauce, jelly beans and fish.
- Gary judged the 2010 Halloween igloo decorating contest with Aunt Arctic.
- Gary was the first mascot able to be added as a buddy.
- Gary could not add some penguins at the beginning of Halloween Party 2012 because of a glitch.
- Gary stated in Mission 11 that his glasses were special, but he didn't explain why.
- At the beginning of the Medieval Party 2012, there was a bug that had the player card he had from the Halloween Party 2011 and had the Thunder Blade instead of the Ghoul Detector. Club Penguin later changed his player card to his classic player card.
- At the Medieval Party 2012, there was a special seat at the lighthouse for him, probably to escape crowds. A similar platform appeared in the Ghost Lab.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, he played a game with players called "I Spy Wizard Eye".
- Gary made a cameo appearance in The Party Starts Now.
- According to the 2011-2012 Yearbook, he is the most likely to save the island with a Milkshakerocketcopter3000.
- He often says "Great Scott" as an homage to Dr. Emmet L. Brown from Back to the Future, a popular movie franchise.
- Two of his favorite dinosaurs are Micropachycephalosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus.
- When he was a kid he had a stuffed Tyrannosaurus named Lord Chompington, who apparently, was quite polite.
- He's shown to have an extremely high degree of myopia (shortsightedness), as his left eyeglass has -11.5 degrees and the right one has -13.5 degrees.
- In the Club Penguin Magazine, he was in Penguins Uncovered and had his own section called Gary's Gear.
- He was featured in WaddleOn Episode 13... with Gary!.
- It took him 3000 times to get his first potion right during the Medieval Party 2013.
- He came up with the idea of using trains to transport the coins in Herbert's Hoard Lair during the Holiday Party 2013
- For this, many people assumed that he would be a mascot in the party. However, he stated that he would be busy researching for distant relatives, and would not appear at the party.
- Gary used to have Goldfish that lived in his room.
- Although he once stated himself to be far too busy to care for a puffle, during the Prehistoric Party 2014 he adopted a Blue Triceratops Puffle named Darwin.
- Gary met Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, and invited them to his lab to work on experiments during the Muppets World Tour.
- According to the Club Penguin Times, in the future, Gary is called Gary 3000, who is like present Gary, but different. He builds amazing gadgets used all over the galaxy, including Robos, which are used by the Extra-Planetary-Federation to combat threats from outer space and other dimensions.
- His favorite animals are insects.
- His favorite sport is ping pong.
- He is scared of decaffeinated coffee.
- He has an 'irrational' fear of analog clocks and any type of outdated technology, as stated by himself in Club Penguin: Halloween Panic!
- According to issue #541 of the Club Penguin Times, the Time Trekker 3000 is his favorite invention.
- According to his mascot scripts, he always keeps nine spare pairs of glasses on him (just in case).
- Main article: Gary the Gadget Guy/Gallery
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Gary o Pinguim Inventor|
|French||Gary le Gars Aux Gadgets|
|Spanish||Gary, el Pingüino Artefacto|
|German||Gary der Geräte-Guru|
- EPF Command Room
- Gary's Inventions
- Famous Penguins
- Cheese 3000
- Halloween Parties
- Operation: Blackout
- Gary 3000
Mission and mascot sighting compilation
|Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Missions:|
|Left To Your
|All's Weld That
|Do It Yourself
|Robotomy 101 :|
|Robots On The Run:
| An Agent's Work Is Never Done:
|The Summer Mission:
|April Fools Mission:
|Case of the Missing Puffles:
|G's Secret Mission:
|Case of the Missing Coins:
|Secret of the Fur:
|Questions for a Crab:
|Operation: Spy & Seek:
|The Veggie Villain:|
|Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge Missions:|
|The Elite Penguin Force:
|Secret of the Fur:
|Questions for a Crab:
|Spy and Seek:
|The Veggie Villain:
|Suspect at Large:
|The Ultimate Mission:|