|Is it seen right now?||No|
|Where?||Various locations on the island|
Igloos are the natural homes of penguins, where they live, in addition to any puffles they may have. Players can decorate their igloos with many various types of furniture, as well as flooring, or even change the scenery behind their igloos.
There are many variants of igloos, most of which can only be bought by members from the Furniture & Igloo Catalog, although some can be obtained from parties, or by codes. Some igloos are also available for all players. All players start with the Basic Igloo.
A list of online, opened igloos on a server can be accessed by clicking on the igloo on the map.
- September 12, 2005: The appearance of all igloos are upgraded from the Penguin Chat Igloo to the Basic Igloo.
- November 1, 2005: Club Penguin gave non-members the privilege to have an igloo.
- November 22, 2005: The first ever Igloo Upgrades catalog is released, allowing members to upgrade and change their igloos.
- December 20, 2005: Igloos were shown on the map for the first time.
- May 19, 2006: Penguins could add music to their igloos for the first time.
- January 19, 2007: Penguins can add flooring to their igloos for the first time.
- July 14, 2008: A new background was added to igloos. The size of igloos - that was slightly large before - was decreased, in order to have enough space for all the background.
- August 27, 2011: Penguins are able to save their igloos in an inventory.
- October 13, 2011: Penguins' size was increased, as puffles had the same size as penguins.
- July 26, 2012: Igloos got a major update. The update allowed members to add furniture even when deselecting any igloo, and allowed members to change Igloo Locations. Additionally, all players have since received a set of six items when creating an account.
- August 29, 2013: Players can now edit their igloo on the Club Penguin App.
- January 23, 2014: Igloo Backyards are released.
List of igloos
- Main article: List of Igloos
- While igloos can have an infinite amount of likes, the counter in igloos will only display up to five digits. If an igloo has 100,000 or more, it will display 99,999 instead, although the true amount of likes can be seen if the igloo is open on the map.
- In a video promoting the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, the unused Loft Igloo appeared when the actors for characters CeCe and Rocky were describing their Club Penguin experience. The igloo resembles the Split Level Igloo, but has a loft instead of a second floor. The image of the igloo was edited in, as it appears over most of the interface, and the lock and decorate igloo buttons were then edited over the igloo in turn.