|Where||At the Beach|
|Opened||September 22, 2006|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
The Lighthouse was a tall building on Club Penguin Island, located by the Beach, which, by use of its beacon, served as a guide for ships. The Lighthouse had more function beyond its beacon, however. There was a stage, which was used by penguins to perform and play music. Various other objects were stored here as well.
By the stage, there were folding chairs, and a piano, while on the stage there was a microphone and a drum set. Along the walls, there were fishing nets, buoys, crates, barrels, and more, as well as various novelties, such as a ship in a bottle, a ship's wheel, and more. Hung on the wall were various paintings. There was a spiral staircase leading up to the Beacon at the edges of the walls. A box containing musical instruments was also here, which were sold through the Music Catalog.
- 1 History
- 2 Pins
- 3 Instruments
- 4 Parties
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Names in other languages
- 8 SWF
- 9 Geographic location
- 10 References
The Lighthouse was always seen on the map, since the beginning of Club Penguin. However, it was not visible in-game until June 16, 2006, when the Beach first became accessible. However, at this time it was abandoned, and penguins wanted to fix it up. Until September 22, 2006, there was a sign over the door that read "COMING FALL 2006".
Before the Lighthouse actually opened, money was raised to help restore it, through The Penguin Times. All players who donated over 750 coins received a shirt as thanks. On September 22, 2006, the Lighthouse was finally restored, and there was a party to celebrate, with the Penguin Band performing.
On April 10, 2007, construction began to build a stage within the Lighthouse. After a few days of construction, it was complete, on April 13, 2007.
|Life Ring pin|
|Herbertech Logo Pin|
|Picnic Bundle Pin|
In the Lighthouse, most instrument items with special dances play music here if their dances are performed. There are six different categories of music that can play, depending on the items used. The drum set on the stage can also be used to play music if certain items are used while standing behind it.
In early 2014, the tracks were made higher quality.
|Items||Track (2006-14)||Track (2014-on)|
|Red Electric Guitar, Black Electric Guitar, Pink Electric Guitar, Double Necked Guitar, Blue Electric Guitar, Orange Double Necked Guitar, Blue Double Guitar, Hard Rock Guitar, Tiki Shield, Acid Guitar!|
|Acoustic Guitar, Violin, Acoustic Sunburst Guitar, Lute, Oil Slick Guitar|
|Blue Electric Bass (except unlockable version), Keytar, Accordion, Green Keytar, Purple Electric Bass, Yellow Bass Guitar|
|Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone|
|Drumsticks (with either Snare Drum, Blue Snare Drum, Conga Drums, or drum set on stage)
Pair of Maracas, Festive Maracas, Green and Blue Maracas (with drum set on stage)
Conga Drums (with or without Drumsticks)
- During Puffle Parties from 2009 to 2013, the Lighthouse becomes the "domain" of yellow puffles. Here, various forms of art are expressed. The stage is host to a puffle reenactment of the Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet. There is also a station under the stairs to the Beacon where a puffle will draw a penguin that is the same color as the player. There is another puffle in the corner that will make a snow sculpture. There are also more paintings hung on the walls than normal. From the Puffle Party 2014 onwards, the Lighthouse was turned into a veterinary clinic for puffles. There was a waiting area, an examination room with a table, counter, and cabinets, cages by the wall, a grooming area, and x-ray screens.
- During April Fools' Parties, except for in 2012, multiple cardboard boxes were located here, each with a unique effect when moused over. The paintings on the walls are also changed, most of which are turned upside down.
- During Medieval Parties from 2008 to 2011, the Lighthouse became a wizard tower. The walls and floor were made of stone, and there were many shelves and bookcases, both being littered with potions, books, and other various strange objects. There was also a large table with a puffle design and small chairs. There was also either a free Wizard Hat or Purple Wizard Hat, depending on the year.
- During Music Jams from 2009 to 2012 and 2016, the Lighthouse walls are covered in graffiti, and most of the objects stored in the room was removed, in favor of a giant stage in the center of the room. There are also many speakers on the walls, and a sound system.
- During all Halloween Parties to date, the Lighthouse is turned into a movie theater, with concessions, a large popcorn machine, and spooky decorations. One of the Night of the Living Sled movies is always played on a screen on the stage, and to accommodate, there are extra chairs. The paintings on the walls also are replaced with more ominous versions, such as the Fluffy the Fish painting being replaced by a fishbone painting, and The Migrator being capsized.
- During the Lighthouse Party, there were red and white balloons and banners hung up. There was also a small temporary stage, where the Penguin Band was playing, with a large banner hung over it that read "GRAND OPENING".
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the entire Lighthouse was made out of paper, with everything inside being drawn with pencil. The stage was made of sticky notes, and was drawn with pen.
- During the Music Jam 2008, the stage was redesigned, and became the main focus of the room, with a large blue banner that read "VIVA CLUB PENGUIN" over it. There was also a sound system, additional seating, and pillars with puffle statues on top.
- During the Snow Sculpture Showcase, a few snow sculptures were displayed here. There was also a banner hung on the railing of the stairs that read "MORE SCULPTURES UP TOP!"
- Before The Fair 2009, some decorations for the party were stored inside the Lighthouse. However, the inside was not decorated during the party.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, as part of Coins for Change, the stage was used for "Concert for Change", and was covered in snow, with pine trees and snowmen on top. There were many speakers on the walls, and extra chairs for the concerts. There was also a coat check, a concession stand, and in the corner, there was an area for dancing, and a Coins For Change Donation Station.
- During the Holiday Party 2010, the Lighthouse was filled with all the donated coins from Coins for Change. As the party progressed, more coins were added, until the entire Lighthouse was filled to the top with coins. A ladder was used to get to the Beach once it was full.
- At the Holiday Party 2011, like last year, the Lighthouse was used to store coins.
- During the Underwater Expedition, the entire Lighthouse was submerged underwater. The interior was flooded, with rocks and coral forming on the floor, and much of the objects inside floating. However, the stage was covered in a glass dome, with an airlock to get in and out. There were also pufferfish, weighed down by anchors, resembling balloons.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, the Lighthouse was again a wizard tower, but was much more intricate than previous years. There were still many books and potions, but also many other objects as well, such as amethysts, a gold puffle relic, a surfboard, a candy pile, statues, and much more. The center of the room was occupied by a giant telescope device.
- During Operation: Blackout the Lighthouse was turned into a hospital. The bottom left corner was used as a waiting room, with examination tables, medical supplies, and such occupying much of the rest of the Lighthouse. There was also a large poster with a doctor penguin labeled "THE HOSPITAL NEEDS YOU".
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2013, the Lighthouse was decorated the same as in Operation: Blackout.
- During the Puffle Party 2014, the Lighthouse was turned into a veterinary clinic for puffles. There was a waiting area, an examination room with a table, counter, and cabinets, cages by the wall, a grooming area, and x-ray screens.
- During the Puffle Party 2015, it was decorated the same was the previous year.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Lighthouse was decorated the same way as it was during the Puffle Party 2014, with the addition of a speaker box, which replaced a scale.
- The Lighthouse used to have different music, which switched after every party, until August 2009.
- The "TO TOP" sign will automatically take players to the Beacon when clicked, instead of having to walk to the top.
- The music that formerly played in the room was first added during the Pirate Party 2007 on April 27, 2007, and stayed until Rockhopper's Arrival Party ended on April 28, 2008.
Names in other languages