- Not the article you were looking for? Check the disambiguation page.
|Merry Walrus Party|
|When||December 18–30, 2014|
|Free Item(s)||See the free items section|
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
|“||Gifts for everyone!||”|
— The party's tagline
The Merry Walrus Party was a party in Club Penguin that began on December 18 and ended on December 30, 2014. In addition to the festive theme of the titular character, the Merry Walrus, the party also served as a host for Coins for Change.
Before the release of issue #477 of the Club Penguin Times, Aunt Arctic discovered a book detailing the Merry Walrus and how he raises the "Christmas" spirit by giving gifts to others while encouraging others to do so, too. The author of said book is unknown.
Eventually, Merry Walrus does come to the island and volunteers to deliver all of the coins penguins donate around the world with his sleigh.
For the next few days, the Merry Walrus assigned penguins various "holiday tasks" which, once completed, he rewarded them with a prize in addition to donating 500 coins to Coins for Change in their name.
|Image||Item||Type||Location||Release date||Members only?|
|Merry Walrus Background||Background||Meeting Merry Walrus and Rsnail (during a meet-up)||December 18||No|
|CFC 2014 Pin||Pin||Donating to Coins for Change||December 18||No|
- Main article: Merry Walrus Party interface
- It is the tenth Holiday related party to occur in Club Penguin and the first one not to be named the 'Holiday Party' since the Christmas Party 2008.
- This party was the 7th consecutive year that the Club Penguin charity event Coins For Change were held.
- Penguins were able to participate in quests to search for six ornaments resembling Blue Crystal Puffles. Players would receive items after completing these quests. At the final quest, Merry Walrus would appear and allow members to adopt their very own Blue Crystal Puffles, to keep as a memento at the end of the final quest.
- Any purchases made in the Penguin Style catalog during the party were automatically be donated to Coins for Change.
- It is the first non-sponsored party to have a logo containing the Disney logo.
- This is the second time penguins are able to decorate a tree in the Forest, the first being the 2009.
- This is the first Holiday related party since the Christmas Party 2008 to not have a dark sky.
- The Merry Walrus Parade was still going on during the party.
- It is the first party to occur on the Club Penguin App on Android.
- Rsnail logged in on the server Caribou with Spike Hike during the party on December 29, 2014. His purpose for logging in was to help the community raise money for Coins For Change.
- Commemorating this party, the design of the Puffle Berry Mall during it was later used for the 10th Anniversary Party.
- After you complete the "Decorate A Tree" quest, you don't get any rewards. This has since been fixed.
- Sometimes, if you try to donate to Coins for Change, your coins aren't donated.
- If you click an amount of coins to donate at a Donation Station before the screen loads, the coin counter and coin meter will infinitely repeat.
- If you try to use the "smile" emote, a blank speech bubble will appear.
- Merry Walrus's Player Card won't load if he is on your Buddy List.
- Even though the limit on the amount of puffles the player can own was increased to 75, a bug reset the limit back to 50.
Club Penguin Times
|It's his name and his catchphrase!|
|To the Donation Station!|
|Wish upon a blue crystal puffle!|
|Happy New Year!|
|I HAVEN'T BOUGHT MY PRESENT YET!|
|FESTIVE FOOD FIGHT!|
|The sleigh is really filling up!|
|Ring the bells!|
|What did the snowman say to the other snowman?||Can you smell carrot?|
|What's white and goes up?||A confused snowflake!|
|What do elves learn in school?||The ELF-abet!|
|Why do mummies like the holidays?||All the wrapping!|
|What do you get when you eat decorations?||Tinselitis!|
|Who hides in the bakery on the holidays?||A mice-spy!|
|What's green, wears tinsel, and croaks?||A mistle-toad!|
|What do snowmen eat for breakfast?||Snowflakes!|
|What are holiday songs called underwater?||Corals!|
|Where do walruses go to see movies?||The dive-in!|
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Festa da Morsa Feliz|
|French||Fête du Joyeux Morse|
|Spanish||Una HerMORSA Navidad|
|German||Merry Walrus Party|
|Russian||Праздник С Новым Годом и Моржеством|