|Where||Northeast of Forest, south of Dojo|
|Opened||May 29, 2006|
January 16, 2014 (Club Penguin App)
|Renovated||July 11, 2013|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
The Mine Shack was an area located on the outskirts of Club Penguin Island. Originally an abandoned mining shack, it had since been repaired and then served as a hub for various other locations, including the Forest and Skatepark. The underground of Club Penguin also lies below the shack.
The shack had a variety of plants growing around it, in the form of a garden, as well as a large tree that has been growing since 2010. The Mine Shack also served as the outdoor area for the nearby School.
- 1 History
- 2 Renovation
- 3 Pins
- 4 Parties
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Names in other languages
- 8 SWF
- 9 Geographic location
- 10 References
The Mine Shack opened on May 29, 2006, after the Underground Opening Party ended. It was originally going to be released as a surprise alongside Cart Surfer, but since the game was delayed, the room was released early to make up for the delay. The game released a week later.
According to Aunt Arctic in issue 71 of The Penguin Times, shortly after the underground rooms were opened at the aforementioned opening party, some curious explorers took a ride on a mine cart, wanting to see where the track led. Eventually they surfaced from a pile of snow at an unknown location near mountains. The explorers noticed the pile of snow had what looked like a doorframe, and decided to dig it out, and eventually finished, discovering the long-abandoned shack.
On April 17, 2010, construction began in the Mine Shack to make it look nicer. By the time the Earth Day 2010 party started, the nearby Recycling Plant was built, plants and a small tree were grown around the shack, and a watering system was installed. A path to the Forest was also opened. On May 27, 2010, a wheelbarrow with flowers in it was replaced by the Herbert Statue. This statue was used to plug up a geyser in Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge, first released just a few days earlier.
Over the next several months of 2010, the small tree in the garden, known as the Community Tree, periodically grew, until it eventually fully grew at the end of September and remained that way since. Additionally, for one week at the end of July/beginning of August, some grass started growing around the tree, but after that week it was removed.
On November 14, 2013, the mine track leading into the shack was replaced by a staircase. On September 18, 2014, a path to the new Skatepark was added.
The Mine Shack was renovated for the first time in April 2010. While the shack itself did not change, its surroundings did. A pit of dirt was added between the shack and newly built Recycling Plant, where a tree was planted. Initially no larger than a penguin, it has since grown larger than the shack itself. A garden, known as the "community garden" was started near the shack. Here, plants could be grown with the repaired water system on the shack. By throwing snowballs into the bucket, water would be produced and sprayed on the garden, causing plants to grow. Fully grown plants were placed within the nearby food shed.
The Mine Shack was renovated again in June 2013, and received a complete overhaul. The only elements that remained are the shack itself, the community garden (which could no longer be watered), and the community tree, which was moved to the other side of the new School. Now, there is a small path resembling a parking lot of sorts, at the end of which there is a gate with Fluffy the Fish statues and a "CPU" sign. There is also now a picnic table, a small mat with a coffee cup, guitar case, and book, as well as a volleyball net with a volleyball. After the School & Skate Party started, the picnic table was removed in favor of the path extending, leading to the Skatepark.
|Horse Shoe pin|
|Gold Feather Pin|
|Yellow Puffle Pin|
|Lion Statue Pin|
|Cream Pie Pin|
|Spring Flower Pin|
|Crystal Puffle Pin|
- During the Halloween Party 2006, the inside of the shack was illuminated. There was also a jack-o-lantern outside.
- During the Festival of Snow 2007, various snow sculptures were located here. The trough by the water system was replaced with trays of ice cubes.
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, the Mine Shack had several cardboard boxes scattered around.
- During the Water Party 2007, there was a large bucket with water being poured into it by pipes. Water was also being held in the mine carts and trough.
- During the Halloween Party 2007, the shack was decorated like a haunted house. There were also Spooky Trees nearby.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the shack was turned into a connect the dots puzzle. After completing it, players were rewarded with the Crayon Pin, and the shack was turned back to normal.
- During the Medieval Party 2008, the shack became a cave entrance. There was a pile of gold, and signs that read "PRINCESSES WELCOME!", "NO KNIGHTS", and "BEWARE OF DRAGON".
- During the Water Party 2008, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Halloween Party 2008, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as in 2006.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the shack was transformed into a gingerbread house, being made entirely out of gingerbread and candy, including the mine cart tracks and mine carts themselves.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, the Mine Shack had various cardboard boxes, and red and white banners.
- During the Medieval Party 2009, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During Sensei's Fire Scavenger Hunt, the shack was illuminated.
- During the Halloween Party 2009, the shack was replaced with the Haunted House. The entrance the Mine was moved to a cellar door on the ground nearby. There were also spooky trees and a long fence adjoining the Haunted House.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year, except that various presents and toys were scattered around.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, the entire Mine Shack was replaced with a "spinning arrow room", being a parody of loading screens in Club Penguin. The room was entirely blue, with a spinning arrow and a loading bar with text in the center. If walked on, the arrow would bring players to the Mine. The fake loading bar would always reset after finishing, and the text would change every few seconds.
- During Earth Day 2010, the Mine Shack was redesigned to what it would be for the next three years. Also during the party there was a wheelbarrow with free Straw Gardening Hats.
- During the Celebration of Water, puddles formed here due to the rain. The watering system was also permanently on as a result of the rain.
- During the Medieval Party 2011, the Mine Shack was decorated similar to 2008 and 2009, with more additions. The exterior of the Recycling Plant was decorated to look like a smithy, and the garden became a small marsh with many plants growing out of it. The food shack was also turned into a small hut.
- During the Halloween Party 2011, there was a Pile O' Candy near the community tree with a Candy Ghost floating over it.
- During the Holiday Party 2011, a few lights were hung up outside the shack and Recycling Plant.
- During the Puffle Party 2012, to make up for the lack of St. Patrick's Day Parties, the Mine Shack was decorated for Saint Patrick's Day. The garden was blanketed in clovers, with free Gigantic St. Patrick's Hats on a stump. Green balloons and banners were hung up, and a horseshoe was placed on the front of the shack. Two rainbows were visible in the sky.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, the Mine Shack became a recording area. The entrance to the Mine was moved to a wall on the right. It was one of the three special stages at the party.
- During Operation: Blackout, snow covered the shack, community tree, and food shed. As the operation went on, more and more snow piled up.
- During the Holiday Party 2012, the room was decorated the same as the previous year, with the addition of a snowman and giant ornament.
- During the Medieval Party 2013, the Mine Shack, along with the School, was transformed into a wizard academy, designed like a medieval castle with a blue slime moat. There was a short stone wall around the perimeter, with blue banners perched on top, and a lookout point near the entrance to the Mine. The shack itself was turned into a windmill.
- During the Halloween Party 2013, like the Medieval Party, the School and shack were decorated like a vampire academy. Lockers that resembled coffins were outside the school, as well as a small slime pool with a lifeguard chair. The entire area appeared to be on a cliff over murky water.
- During Operation: Puffle, some puffle missing posters were put up here.
- During the Holiday Party 2013, the exterior of the School was decorated like "Santa's workshop" with the Mine Shack being a lounging area of sorts, with many places to sit and drink hot chocolate, with a stand selling said beverage. There was also a small ice skating rink where the volleyball net normally is.
- During the Penguin Prom, there was a limo parked outside, with purple carpet leading into the School. Purple and gray balloons were also hung on the School, along with a large sign that read "PROM".
- During the School & Skate Party, blue and white banners and balloons themed after Team Sharks were hung up here. There was also a podium resembling a large book with a microphone.
- During the Halloween Party 2014, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Merry Walrus Party, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year, but the decorations were mostly blue and white. The "Santa's workshop" sign was changed to "toy workshop" to be ambiguous, to fit with the Holiday-neutral tone of the party.
- During the Pi Day event, the entire room was themed after pie. There were tables were different types of pies, and many pies were splatted against various objects. There were also many orange banners, including a large one with a picture of pie, as well as a chalkboard outside the shack showing the mathematical equation of pi.
- During the Festival of Snow 2015, various snow sculptures were hosted here. There was also a blue carpet on the ground and blue banners hung up.
- During the Descendants Party, the Mine Shack was decorated like the schoolgrounds of "Auradon Prep". There was a statue outside the School, with hedges in a circular pattern around it, and the ground was covered in grass. The School itself was decorated like a Medieval castle, and the shack was replaced by a small cellar door. There was also a golden path leading to the Iceberg.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Mine Shack was decorated the same way as it was during Pi Day, with the addition of the Gary MascBot, which replaced a table with pies on it.
- During the Halloween Party 2015, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as the previous year, with the addition of the Gary MascBot.
- During the Holiday Party 2015, the Mine Shack was decorated the same as it was at the Merry Walrus Party, but with blue colored decorations changed to red or green.
- In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, there was a Mine Shed on the left side of the shack.
- Up until 2010, it was only accessible through the map or reaching the end of Cart Surfer.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Casinha da Mina|
|French||Cabane de la Mine|
|Spanish||Cabaña de la Mina|
|Russian||Вход в шахту|
|Recycling Plant (formerly)
Haunted House (Halloween Party 2009)
Haunted House Entrance (Halloween Party 2010)