|Monsters University Takeover|
|When||June 27 – July 11, 2013|
|Free Item(s)|| JOX Hat|
Scare Games Trophy
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
|“||Join the Scare Games!||”|
— The tagline for the party
Players could earn Scare Points by scaring other players or playing the Scare Challenge. These points could be spent in the Monsters University Catalog, and were also added to the total of the team the one who earned the points was on, which could be selected every time the player played the scare challenge.
The team that ended up with the most points and won the games was Oozma Kappa.
|“|| I have some VERY exciting news to share with everyone... We're partnering with Pixar for a brand NEW party... the first-ever Disney Pixar Monsters University Takeover!
Ever since Club Penguin started, we've been HUGE fans of Pixar. We've always looked up to their brilliant creative team, and we dreamed that one day we'd get to work with them.
Well, that day has arrived! Prepare to scare...
We can't wait to share the scary-awesome stuff we've got planned. Stay tuned to the blog for more updates!
-Club Penguin Team
— Polo Field, May 30, 2013.
Members can prepare to scare by dressing up as their favorite characters from Disney•Pixar’s summer release of “Monsters University.”
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, June 27 – Disney’s Club Penguin, the #1 virtual world for kids, is partnering for the first time with Disney•Pixar to throw the Disney•Pixar “Monsters University” Takeover event. Starting today players can enroll in Monsters University on Club Penguin Island and pledge three different rival fraternities and one sorority to compete in the Scare Games.
While competing in the Scare Games by earning scare points for their fraternity or sorority, members will be able to dress up as their favorite characters from the Disney•Pixar film “Monsters University,” like Mike and Sulley. In their monstrous disguises, members can test out their roar and creep around campus to earn their own scare points. On July 6, the winning fraternity or sorority will be announced, and all players can collect the Scare Games Trophy. Additionally, the Monsters University amphitheater will be decorated in the winning team’s colors.
During the Disney•Pixar “Monsters University” Takeover event on Club Penguin Island:
- Everyone can fill up their scare canister with scare points in an all-new mini-game where players practice their best scare tactics
- All players can collect fraternity and sorority hats to show their pride when they join a team and can also earn monster accessories for their epic roars. Members will receive the hats and accessories, plus the ability to purchase exclusive “Monsters University” costumes with their virtual coins
- New igloo items are available for members to buy in the Furniture Catalog. Some featured items include the Scoreboard, Scare Canister, Ping-Pong Table, Lounge Chair, Archway and more
Players can scare now at ClubPenguin.com.
Disney UK Website
Two scare-filled weeks! Four rival fraternities! One monstrous prize!
From June 27 - July 9 in Club Penguin, pick a team and compete in the first ever scare games at the Disney Pixar Monster University Takeover!
And paid members can get exclusive monster costumes to scare more. Who will win first place?
The Greek Council of Club Penguin Island begins to plan the first ever Scare Games, and plans are made to build a place to learn scaring and compete in the games. Three fraternities (Jaws Theta Chi, Oozma Kappa, and Roar Omega Roar) and one sorority (Python Nu Kappa) will compete for the trophy.
|OK Hat||Start Screen||No|
|ROR Hat||Start Screen||No|
|PNK Hat||Start Screen||No|
|JOX Hat||Start Screen||No|
|Scare Games Trophy||Amphitheater||No|
- It was the second sponsored party in 2013, and the fifth sponsored party overall.
- Different moderators joined different fraternities and sororities. A list of known moderators in fraternities include:
- At the Pizza Parlor, if a player stood on the karaoke stage at the far-right side of room, an instrumental version of The Party Starts Now played.
- This was the first party to have more than four exclusive emoticons.
- In the Monsters University movie, there were six teams. The two that did not appear in Club Penguin are HSS (Eta Hiss Hiss) and EEK (Slugma Slugma Kappa).
- It was nominated as Best Party of 2013 in The Spoiler Alert. It did not win however.
- If you used any of the new emoticons, your penguin would have got banned for 72 hours under the reason of "Attempted Game Manipulation". This was quickly fixed, but many players were banned as a result of it.
- When the game was first updated, several of the new party rooms had Operation: Blackout music playing in the background.
- When you finished competing in the Scare Games, you sometimes ended up in the upper corner of the screen and you had to logoff in order to fix it.
- Sometimes the Map and Chat Bar would not appear on the screen.
- When sitting on the OK Fraternity couch, you sometimes would be stuck if you got scared by another penguin.
- You would sometimes freeze after entering a party room.
- If you were scared while walking, your penguin would stay in the position you were originally scared, yet your name would waddle away in the direction you were going. After being scared, the sprite would teleport to the place where your name was.
- When wearing the Art Costume, you could not scare.
- If you logged in into the Amphitheater, the Scare Games Trophy and the newly decorated room would not appear. You had to waddle out the room and come back to fix this glitch.
Fraternities and Sororities
- Main article: Oozma Kappa
|“||Don't underestimate these determined underdogs - they've got plenty of heart to take it to the top!||”|
A collection of wholesome, good-natured misfits, the adorable brothers of Oozma Kappa (OK) have bonded over their inability to make it through the Scaring Program. With only four bodies in the house, they don’t even have enough members to compete in the Scare Games. What they lack in Scariness and self-confidence however, they make up for in heart.
Jaws Theta Chi
- Main article: Jaws Theta Chi
|“||JΘX are natural born frighters, who love the scare of the game!||”|
Big on brawn but short on brainpower, the Jaws Theta Chi (JΘX) fraternity brothers are rarely seen without their flashy letterman jackets. The JΘX are brutal competitors who never hesitate to do whatever it takes to beat their opponent, even if it’s breaking the rules. Despite practically living at the gym or on the field, these sports-loving monsters often prove that bigger doesn’t always mean better when it comes to Scaring.
Roar Omega Roar
- Main article: Roar Omega Roar
|“||Are your scare abilities top notch? Are you the best of the best? Then RΩR is where you want to be.||”|
The Roar Omega Roar (RΩR) fraternity is made up of the best of the best. They’re the smartest, most skilled, Scariest monsters at Monsters University, and come from families with a long, proud history of Scaring. While the RΩRs may be preppy in dress, they are ferocious in action and downright ruthless, if necessary. Self-declared as the most elite house on campus, the RΩRs are lead by Johnny Worthington who presides over the house like an all-powerful monarch. Eager to continue their Scare Games winning streak, the RΩRs will do whatever it takes to stay on top.
Python Nu Kappa
- Main article: Python Nu Kappa
|“||Do you hide your inner monster behind a scarismatic smile? PNK's got the flair to scare!||”|
Pretty in pink, the sisters of Python Nu Kappa (PNK) are not to be underestimated. Led by their fearless queen bee Carrie, these ladies are smart, cold-hearted and merciless. Covered in pink from head to toe, the PNKs sweet exterior quickly turns terrifying when the Scare Games begin.
- The following are unused designs for the Amphitheater that would have been used if a different team won the games
|Town Center||Welcome to the Town! Head into the Coffee Shop for some monster java...show off your scary-good moves in the Dance Club...or step into the Clothes Shop for frighteningly fabulous fashions!|
|Coffee Shop||Here we have the Coffee Shop! If all the late night studying is getting to you..grab a cup of coffee for a pick-me-up...or try a fruit smoothie, they're delish! And be sure to check out the Club Penguin Times Office|
|Snow Forts||Here we can see which fraternity is in first place...head over to Fraternity Row to join a house...or check out the university campus!|
|Plaza||Here we are in the Plaza. Adopt a puffle from the Pet Shop...then take them for some pampering at the hotel. Or why not take part in the latest Stage production... Underwater Adventure! And when you get hungry...head into The Growl for a bite to eat!|
|Pizza Parlor||Welcome to The Growl! Enjoy some monstrously delicious pizza...play some terrifyingly fun pool...tell your horribly hilarious jokes...or head into the kitchen to whip up some squid pizzas!|
|Campus Quad||Welcome to the Campus Quad! Relax on the lawn...head to the Scare Hall for a lesson in scaring...or if you're ready...go to the Amphitheater and join the Scare Games!|
|Scare Hall||Learn to give the best scare possible. I recommend warming up your vocal chords...and practicing your 'GRRRR' face!|
|Amphitheater||This is the Amphitheater. Think you have what it takes to scare? Then join a fraternity and enter the Scare Games!|
|Fraternity Row||Here we have the four fraternities and sororities. Join one or ALL of them...and compete in the Scare Games!|
|OK House||This is the OK House. For a fraternity, they're OK! If you think you're OK, why not join them? GO OK!|
|JOX House||This is the JOX House. They're always pumped up! If you think you're a JOX, why not join them? GO JOX!|
|ROR House||This is the ROR House. They Steer the Fear! If you think you're a ROR, why not join them? GO ROR!|
|PNK House||This is the PNK House. They'll scare the competition to pieces! If you think you're PNK, why not join them? GO PNK!|
|We're OK, are you?|
|Stand back citizens!|
|We steer the fear!|
|Scarer in training|
|What subject do snakes like?||Hisstory!|
|Why are fish so smart?||They're always in schools!|
|What do you say to a three-headed monster?||Hello hello hello!|
|What flies around the classroom at night?||The alpha-BAT!|
|What subject do trees like?||Geome-tree!|
|How does a penguin go to school?||On an icicle!|
|What did the flower get in school?||All bees!|
|Why did the clock in the cafeteria always run slow?||Every lunch it went back four seconds!|
|What do sea monsters eat?||Fish and ships!|
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Universidade Monstros Jogos de Susto|
|French||Monstres Academy Les Jeux de la Peur|
|Spanish||Monsters University en la Isla|
|German||Die Monster Uni Party|