|When||November 18, 2015 – February 3, 2016|
|Free Item(s)||See free items|
|Location||Club Penguin Island, UFO|
Operation: Crustacean was an Elite Penguin Force operation in Club Penguin, which began on November 18, 2015. Although originally set to end on December 2, the plot was carried into 2016 and the operation ended on February 3, 2016.
After the Halloween Party 2015, a UFO was sighted to have been abducting penguins and giving them Tinfoil Hats. Around this time Klutzy, the friend and partner of Club Penguin's villainous polar bear, Herbert, went missing. To investigate the disappearances of the penguins, the Elite Penguin Force decided to start an investigation to find the manner of these abductions; all the while using the Extreme Paint Festival as a cover for their base of operations: Area 501.
Once the party started Jet Pack Guy asks the player to board the UFO with Herbert under The Director's orders after Jet Pack Guy was asked by Herbert to help him find Klutzy. Upon arriving on the UFO and seeing Klutzy accompanied by alien puffles, Herbert double-crosses the Elite Penguin Force and grabs the UFO's source of power; a purple meteorite. Herbert and Klutzy then quickly move to the escape pod, being ejected moments later and leaving the Elite Penguin Force agents to restore power to the ship before it crashes into the island.
After restoring the power, the UFO does not have enough power to even stay airborne and the alien puffles decide to settle it at the docks. While Gary attempts to find a replacement for the purple meteor, the alien puffles get to know some of the island's traditions such as the Holiday Party. They even decorate the UFO to get involved with the celebration.
When the new year arrives, Gary finally discovers a substitute power source for the UFO, that being power fragments. The only catch being penguins would have to travel back to the Mesozoic via the Time Trekker 3000 in order to obtain them.
- Main article: Operation: Crustacean interface
|Image||Item||Type||Obtained by||Members only?|
|Rookie's Giveaway||Background||Meeting Rookie||No|
|Alien Puffle||Puffle||Adopting from the interface||Yes (except for green variant)|
- It was the third EPF operation to take place in November, after Operation: Blackout and Operation: Puffle, and the fifth overall.
- It was the first non-holiday themed party to cross between years.
- This party occurred simultaneously with 3 other parties/events, in this order: the Extreme Paint Festival, Holiday Party 2015, and Prehistoric Party 2016.
- The week before the operation started, Herbert P. Bear was meetable around the island, looking for Klutzy.
- It was the second longest event in Club Penguin, lasting 78 days, following the 101 Days of Fun.
- However, it was still the longest party, as operations were classified as parties.
Names in other languages