|When||November 21 – December 5, 2013|
|Free Item(s)||See Free items|
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
|Mascot(s)||Herbert P. Bear and Puffle Handler|
|“||Save the Puffles!||”|
— The tagline for the party
Operation: Puffle was a mission in the series of in-game EPF missions and an event in Club Penguin, it lasted from November 21 to December 5, 2013. Agents were given the task of working together to catch puffles of each color under mind control to remove their Brain Boxes to rescue them, and put a stop to Herbert P. Bear's scheme.
- 1 Free items
- 2 Storyline
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Glitches
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Messages
- 7 SWF
- 8 References
- Main article: Operation: Puffle Agent Interface
|Herbert's Hoard Giveaway||By meeting Herbert P. Bear||No|
|PH's Golden Puffle Giveaway||By meeting Puffle Handler||No|
|Puffle Freedom Statue||Offered as a reward for completing the operation. Received via the Operation: Puffle Agent Interface.||No|
November 1: Herbert-sized footprints were reported in the wild and Jet Pack Guy was sent to investigate.
November 7: It was reported that there was trouble in the wilderness. On that same day, parts from the boiler were stolen.
At some point, likely around the time of November 7: Herbert P. Bear had most likely broken into the Indestructible Containment Environment and had stolen the 'Puffle Transmogrifier' (a failed invention by Gary). Herbert most likely modified or adapted from it (this is heavily hinted in the Support Story from Club Penguin Times issue #422) to create the Brain Box, which whoever wore it, became mind-controlled.
Between the time of November 14 and November 21: more puffles had been going missing.
As Operation: Puffle began: Herbert, at this point, had far more puffles working for him. Puffles of 10 colors, wearing Brain Boxes, were turning up in the wilderness under mind control. Herbert intended for puffles to surface the wilderness, dig up coins and deliver them back to him via tunnels non-stop (at least until a very long time away, according to Club Penguin Times issue #423).
The Director of the EPF and Gary the Gadget Guy informed agents about the mind-controlled puffles that dig up coins to bring them to an unknown location. The mission was to collect the Brain Boxes, to use their microchips to trace the source signal.
Finale and Aftermath
After collecting all microchips, the source signal was found in a secret lair, the player was sent into it, along with the microchips, to disable the signal and save the puffles. The player was trapped surrounded by fire immediately upon infiltrating, and Herbert's intentions were revealed, he invented an antennae tower to mind-control puffles who wore his Brain Boxes, to force the puffles to dig up coins for his stolen coin-operated boiler to keep himself warm to survive the cold. The player, while unnoticed by Herbert or Klutzy, broke into the ventilation, after avoinding clouds of steam and exiting on the other side, the player reached the antennae tower and shut it down by using the microchips, which freed the puffles who then carried Herbert away, with Klutzy following after him. Herbert's plan was foiled, puffles returned to their homes, and the player was granted with the Puffle Freedom Statue and 5000 coins. The enormous amount of coins that Herbert had been hoarding was donated to Coins for Change, a suggestion by Rockhopper.
- It was first hinted by Spike Hike, revealing the inclusion of The Wilderness..
- On October 8, 2013, Polo Field hinted in the Wikia Chat that the mission may involve puffles.
- The operation's name was first confirmed by Spike Hike on Twitter.
- Herbert appeared in the Halloween Party 2013 trailer, holding a book which showed a puffle. This teased that a new operation was coming soon and that Herbert and puffles would be involved.
- The event was further teased for a split second at the end of the 'ZOMG ZOMBIE PENGUINS!' video.
- The reason why gold puffles or rainbow puffles were not used by Herbert, as mentioned in Club Penguin Times issue #422, was because they were too hard to reach, due to the fact that:
- The map of the party's interface confirmed that the River flows behind the Ski Village.
- The Lava Cliffs room takes place under the bridge of the Fire Dojo.
- On the river, a pontoon would appear below the player.
- WaddleOn: Operation Puffle Part 1, 2 and 3 were made for the event.
- It was a nominee for the 'Best Party of 2013' in The Spoiler Alert.
- Players could go under the toolbar.
- An undefined notification pop up appeared on the screen every time the player entered a different room, alerting that 'you have earned 0 coins'.
- The player's pontoon could disappear, but it would reappear in the next room. It happened most often at the Outpost.
- The pontoon would not appear while on the river.
- The pontoon would not disappear when going from the river to land.
- When opening the Player Card of someone walking a puffle, then opening other Player Cards, the puffle would appear in those other Player Cards.
- When logging in after defeating Herbert and attempting to collect the Puffle Freedom Statue via the 'collect item' button, a message would pop up, saying that 'you can only buy an item 99 times', even if one was already collected.
- Through the Ski Lodge window, storm clouds were seen on the sky (continuity error).
Mind Controlled Puffles
Tour Guide Messages
|EPF Base Camp||This outpost is the base camp. You can check out the rescue HQ or go on a river expedition, just make sure to bring extra snacks!|
|Herbert's Hoard Lair||This was where Herbert was defeated and the puffles were freed. What happened here is top secret, but there are rumors that the EPF does not know where the puffles took him.|
|EPF Rescue HQ||This is the rescue headquarters. The EPF is hard at work to save puffles. Feel free to pitch in, take radio calls from agents or track puffles on the map.|
|Boot Camp||This is the Boot Camp. The EPF set it up so agents can train and get ready to explore. You can BBQ some fish or test your skill on the balance beam or climb the wall and hit the bell.|
|Lava Cliffs||We're passing by the Lava Cliffs. Up above is the Fire Dojo. These cliffs can be treacherous. Be careful if you climb. It's also a great place to roast marshmallows.|
|Puffle Vet station||Next on the river tour is the Puffle Vet station. It's here to keep puffles healthy and to help them recover. The vet always needs volunteers to help at the front desk, water the O'berry bush or take care of the puffles.|
|Ice Falls||The majestic Ice Falls. The current is strong here so be careful! There are powerful searchlights if you need to find something, like a lost sock or a rubber ducky that went downstream!|
|Rapids||Whoa! Rapids here! There's a whirlpool that sucks you in, try to stay together! It can be fun to ride these rapids, just call for help if you fall in!|
|River Cave||This is the River Cave. Look at the unique formations. This is a great spot for diving. Keep an eye out for puffles, lots of them show up here.|
|Treehouses||Here are the Treehouses. This is a great place to rest after traveling the river all day. There is fish and fire and the EPF has secured the area with cameras and searchlights|
|Ski Village||Here we have the Ski Village. Race down the Ski Hill and chill in the Ski Lodge. There's an Everyday Phoning Facility which sure is busy right now. The entrance to the wilderness is in the back. Head that way to rescue puffles.|
|What do you call a courteous spy?||A gent!|
|What's the stealthiest bug?||A spy-der!|
|Why did the spy show up without his gear?||Eavesdropped it!|
|What's Herbert's favorite piece of furniture?||A vege-table!|
|Where do you find polar bears?||It depends on where you lost them!|
|Why doesn't Herbert have any friends?||He's un-bear-able!|
|What do you call a polar bear with skates?||A roller bear|
|How did the penguins stay safe in the forest?||They went in trees!|
|What's great about camping?||It's in-tents!|
|What flies, bites, and talks in code?||A morse-quito!|
Safe Chat Messages
|Save that puffle!|
|Let's go to the wilderness|
|Get on the river|
|Back to Rescue Headquarters!|
|Watch those rapids!|
|Stay vigilant agents!|
|The puffles need us!|
|The brain box is Herber-tech!|
|Campfire at the Treehouses|
- EPF Rescue HQ
- EPF Bootcamp
- Lava Cliffs
- EPF Puffle Vet Station
- Ice Falls
- River Cave
- EPF Treehouses
- Herbert's Lair