|PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain|
|Released||May 17, 2010|
|Rewards||Mission 11 Medal|
Gift from Dot
- Speak to Gary. He will ask you what you think the type of seeds that he has are. Ask him if they are corn seeds.
- Go to the Gift Shop, and talk to Rookie. Pick up the corn on the floor. Waddle to the Gift Shop Office, and talk to Jet Pack Guy. Pick up another piece of corn on the floor.
- You will get a call on your Spy Phone, answer the call and get back to HQ and talk to Gary.
- Next, go to the Ski Village. You will see a broadcast of Herbert. You need to go stop this broadcast quickly.
- Go to the Lighthouse and pick up the DVD which is under the piano. Clean it with the cleaner on the left. Put it in your inventory.
- Turn to the right and pick up the metal can. Put it in your inventory. Then, take it to the Beach and fill it up with water.
- Go to the Gadget Room, put the can of water in the Test Chamber. Pull the red lever then press the ice button, pull the red lever again and put the ice in your inventory.
- Next, go to the Beacon and give the ice to the penguin. Talk to him again and he should give you a lens.
- Afterwards, go to the Ski Village, talk to the brown penguin and give him the lens.
- Go back to HQ. Talk to G and watch Herbert's transmission.
- Go back to the Ski Village. Add the disc into the DVD player. Then, use your Spy Phone wrench to open the strange box on the right.
- Solve the puzzle by cracking the code, it will then tell you a location. Go to the Mine Shack.
- Waddle into the Corn Forest and follow the popcorn which is on the floor. You should see a paper when you reach the end of the trail. After that, take the path which has a piece of the paper. Add it to your inventory. Repeat this process until you have found all 4 pieces.
- After you have picked up the 4th piece of paper, also pick up the plank of wood. Once you have put together the 4 pieces of paper, follow the paths that have items related to what is on the list.
- You should eventually reach a river. Use the plank of wood to cross the river.
- You should eventually reach a "dead-end". At this point, use one pile of corn seeds to lower the ladder.
- When you reach the top of the cliff, unplug Herbert's computer. He will then use your Spy Phone to teleport you and a popcorn bomb back to the PSA HQ.
- When you get back to the HQ, go to your right and click the orange book. A wheel should come out.
- Click on the wheel and solve the puzzle. It may take some time.
- Dot the Disguise Gal will come out of the EPF Command Room and teleport you safely into the Ski Village. Meanwhile, the Sport Shop will explode with popcorn.
- Collect your awards at the end.
In Herbert's Revenge
While the other PSA missions featured in Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge mostly follow the same layout as the PC versions, The Veggie Villain was significantly redesigned for the game.
The mission is the same as the online version, except for:
- It is possible to play Penguin Play Awards trailers at the Ski Village instead of Night of the Living Sled, though it makes no difference which one you choose. At the Stage, there is a Penguin selling tickets; he has a DVD of the trailers, but will only give them to you in exchange for a Mancala board (his favorite game). Go to the Book Room, and a penguin there will give you a Mancala board, but lacking marbles. Head back to the Ski Village and grab the bag of marbles, and combine them with the board. Return to the Stage, and give the penguin the board. In return, he gives you the Penguin Play Awards DVD.
- After navigating the corn maze, you will end up near where Herbert is. Before climbing the ladder, slip through some corn stalks to the left, and there will be a hidden area with a stream. Have Chill create a path of ice, allowing you to reach the final Snake Token.
- Instead of using corn to lower the ladder to reach Herbert, you can have Bouncer use snowballs to lower it.
Other notable differences
- The dialogues with Rookie and Jet Pack Guy in the Gift Shop are noticeably changed. Their positions and the items with them have also changed, including Rookie’s wig.
- The penguins in the Ski Village (except for Dancing Penguin) are different colors and no longer wear clothes. Instead of idly waiting for Herbert’s movie to start, they are playing a game with marbles.
- Dancing Penguin still cries about his broken glasses, but there is no side quest that allows you to fix them.
- The dialogue between Rookie and Herbert in HQ is subtly different.
- Jet Pack Guy follows the player back to HQ, and goes with you and Rookie to the Ski Village.
- Instead of simply taking the Night of the Living Sled DVD from the Lighthouse, you must first ask a penguin with a guitar if you can have a case to put it in. The cloth and spray to clean it with are already in your possession.
- The Plaza and the Stage are accessible.
- There are two penguins playing Mancala outside the Coffee Shop, who say they are training to challenge a “Mancala Master”. The Master’s only role is to provide a Mancala board for the ticket seller.
- Rookie puts the DVD into the projector, and is also the one to break the volume control.
- Herbert does not start speaking until his visual broadcast is shut down.
- The player is unable to interact with any part of the projector.
- The location of Herbert’s transmission is revealed as soon as the tracker is opened.
- Rookie follows the player all the way to Herbert’s hideout.
- The Mine Shack has its DS-specific design, and the entrance to the corn maze is on the opposite side.
- The separate maze areas, which include clues about super corn in the PC version, are entirely replaced by a level of Amazing Maze.
- Herbert’s hideout is missing some details, and his laughing animation is different.
- There are slight differences in Gary’s reactions to the Popcorn Bomb, and in the appearance of the HQ during the countdown.
- Dot’s animation, appearance and dialogue are subtly different.
- The penguins in the Ski Village are fully aware of the Popcorn Explosion, as opposed to seemingly ignoring it in the PC version.
- The Club Penguin Team showed a sneak peek of the mission in October 2009. They hinted that something big will be coming soon.
- During a New Year's Eve blog post, a picture of Herbert was posted, this showed players that Mission 11 was coming in 2010.
- On March 1 2010, a picture of Herbert with a computer and a microphone was shown. The blog said that in a few months, agents will use their skills against a very determined Herbert.
- On April 1, the Club Penguin Times Newspaper had a Featured Article on warm places and there was a Yeti Penguin, which if you looked carefully in the picture of it you could see that it was Herbert inside a yeti costume, as the eyes are Herbert's. He also commented on things that happened on previous missions like how hard it would be to knock down the lodge, noticing a patch up job on the wall next to the boiler, etc.
- On April 26, 2010, a sneak peek was shown on the blog. It was a picture of some sad penguins watching a video with Herbert in it at the Ski Village. The mission was also stated to be released at the end of May.
- In the 238th newspaper issue, you are able to read a hidden message from Herbert which tells that the new mission will be coming on 18 May.
- In the 239th newspaper issue, there was another message confirming what the coded message meant - it was hidden in the classified file.
- The Club Penguin Team revealed the name as "The Veggie Villain".
- On May 10, 2010, a sneak peek was released on the Club Penguin Blog announcing the mission name (The Veggie Villain) and the release date—May 18, 2010, but it has been changed to May 17, 2010.
Club Penguin Times message
In an edition of the Club Penguin Times, there was a secret message regarding Mission 11. It is in "flag code", and to decode it, you had to take the first letters of the flag's country. After it is decoded, the secret message from Herbert P. Bear reads:
|“||Dear Penguin Silly Agency,
Look Sharp Agent... I'll see you on May 18.
When the player gets teleported back into the HQ with the Popcorn Bomb, Gary is seen welding the circuits of an electronic device. The device's screen has a small screen with a message Secret Code that scrolls in a loop. The message, when decoded, reads:
wow this is some small text just look at how tiny it is im surprised you can even read it but i bet it is easier to figure out than the morse code in operation spy and seek
This is a reference to the light on the Rubber Duck in Operation: Spy & Seek, which flashes "I used to be a turn light" in morse.
A similar hidden text can also be seen in the Furensic Analyzer 3000 in mission 5.
In November, a You Decide! blog post was posted. At the bottom of the blog post, it had said that there was a new agent on the way that will be helping other agents from Mission 11 onwards. This agent was recognized by most players who had Elite Penguin Force (EPF), and they thought that this new agent was Dot the Disguise Gal, but in a different costume with different hair. This was later confirmed that the penguin is Dot.
- Excluding the DS game, this mission marks the first appearance of Dot.
- It is connected with Herbert's Revenge for the Nintendo DS, as the story of the mission continues there.
- Strangely, the Recycling Plant and the Community Garden cannot be seen when you go to the Mine Shack. It is most likely due to the fact that the Recycling Plant was built after the events of the DS game which follows the after-events of this mission.
- There's a glitch where you can have the fourth piece of paper two times.
- Jet Pack Guy appears only once in the web version but in the DS Game he appears multiple times.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||O Vilão Vegetariano|
|French||Herbert: La Menace|
|Spanish||El villano vegetariano|
- Main article: PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain/swf
|←PSA Mission 10: Waddle Squad||PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain
|←PSA Mission 10: Waddle Squad||PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain
|Suspect at Large→|