|Full Name||The Club Penguin Band|
|Position||Visit Stompin' Bob, G Billy, Franky, and Petey K's pages for more information.|
|Color||Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green|
|Clothes Items||Visit Stompin' Bob, G Billy, Franky, and Petey K's pages for more information.|
|Friends With||Cadence, Rocky, CeCe, Zendaya, Cole Plante, Violetta, Sabrina Carpenter, Aunt Arctic, Rockhopper, Rookie and You (If you add one of them).|
The Penguin Band (AKA The Club Penguin Band) is a popular musical band of mascots in Club Penguin. The Penguin Band is Club Penguin's only popular and official band. It is made up of four Penguins: G Billy, Petey K, Stompin' Bob and Franky.
Like other famous characters, the band members can be seen during certain parties on random servers waddling around and talking to Penguins. It should be noted that the Penguin Band are not always together when on the island as they can be met individually.
- 1 Band members
- 2 History
- 3 Appearances
- 3.1 Parties
- 3.2 List of appearances (in chronological order)
- 3.3 Discography
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Franky is the band's singer and is often labeled as the most 'popular' member of the group; as such he is usually the focus of many of their tracks. He is a yellow penguin who knows how to play the guitar, the keyboard, and sing. According to the 2011-2012 yearbook, he is the mascot most likely to invent a new musical instrument. He is, like the rest of the band, extremely talented in music; his talent was even the inspiration for Cadence to pursue a singing career.
Petey K is one of the band's guitarists. Prior to their redesign, he used to play the piano and the accordion. He is known to be very relaxed, occasionally cracking the odd joke (which is often directed at his band mates). He is a thrill-seeker and, according to the 2011-2012 yearbook, he is the mascot most willing to start a food fight.
Stompin' Bob is the band's electric bass player. He is a self-taught musician who is known to practice constantly. As such, he has more of a serious personality towards their music than his band mates, an example of this would be that he has often said he would be writing poems if he was not a musician. In addition, the yearbook for 2011-2012 said he would be the mascot most likely to 'rock the house'.
G Billy is the band's drummer. He is the strong and silent type, founding member and the grounding force of the band. In addition to the drums, he can also play the flute. According to the 2011-2012 yearbook, he is the mascot most likely to call you 'dude'.
- The original Penguin Band was from Penguin Chat.
- According to The Journal of Captain Rockhopper, the band performed as Rockhopper left on his journey on the 8th of March 2005, prior to Club Penguin's official launch.
- In Penguin Chat 3, all the band members were Old Blue and played different instruments.
- In 2006, they were a Hawaiian band, with little to no individualization between them. Until the Western Party, the band only had three members. Franky joined the band sometime before the party.
- In 2008, they became a country band, and they finally became meetable as mascots.
- In 2011, they became a rock band, with unique clothing and new instruments.
- In the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, they appeared every 20 minutes with Cadence, singing at the Epic Show.
- They appeared with slightly altered appearances in Anchors Aweigh.
After The Band did their performance in the Night Club they lost all their instruments. Penguins had to go on a scavenger hunt to find them. Afterwards, you were awarded with (as mentioned above) the Band Background.
The Penguin Band once again played at the Iceberg and met penguins in the backstage room and on the main stage. They were also in a new room that opened in Music Jam 2010 called the Casa Fiesta where you could also meet Cadence.
Taking on their new modern looks, the Penguin Band now have their own method of transport between shows at the Iceberg - their own personal iceberg, kitted with a dance floor, confetti cannons and speakers with flashing lights. They also went Backstage, or to the Casa Fiesta. They played a new song called Better Days.
They played the song The Party Starts Now with Cadence at the Epic Show. They also made a few rare meetable appearances around Club Penguin Island. They were also meetable during the party's construction.
They returned after more than a year at The Fair 2014, as confirmed by Polo Field. However, they were just performing, and did not waddle around as mascots. They played the song Anchors Aweigh on the puffle-shaped stage in the Park Entrance, and if you clicked on them while performing you could get their background.
On an episode of The Spoiler Alert, it was confirmed that they would appear at the Music Jam 2014 along with Cadence. They were meetable from July 17 to July 29. They can also be seen in the Music Cruise at the stage performing with Cadence for the new song Best Day Ever or waddling at the Music Cruise rooms.
Like the previous year, they played the song Anchors Aweigh on the puffle shaped stage in the Park Entrance, and if you clicked on them while performing you could get their background. They did not waddle around as mascots.
List of appearances (in chronological order)
|Winter Luau||Night Club||January 27–30, 2006|
|Valentine's Day Celebration||Night Club||February 14, 2006|
|Western Party||Night Club (first appearance of Franky)||July 14–17, 2006|
|Lighthouse Party||Lighthouse||September 22–24, 2006|
|St. Patrick's Day Party 2007||Night Club||March 16–19, 2007|
|Summer Kickoff Party||Beach||June 8–18, 2007|
|Fall Fair 2007||Pizza Parlor||September 21 – October 1, 2007|
|Surprise Party||Night Club||November 23–26, 2007|
|St. Patrick's Day Party 2008||Night Club||March 14–18, 2008|
|Music Jam 2008||Iceberg, Back Stage (not a performance, first time as real characters)||July 25 – August 5, 2008|
|Penguin Play Awards 2009||Back Stage (meetable)||March 20 – April 9, 2009|
|Music Jam 2009||Iceberg (performance), various locations (meetable)||July 17–26, 2009|
|Music Jam 2010||Iceberg (performance), various locations (meetable)||July 8–19, 2010|
|Music Jam 2011||Iceberg (performance), various locations (meetable)||June 16 – July 5, 2011|
|Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam||Epic Show (were also meet-able during construction), various locations (meetable)||July 19 – August 2, 2012|
|The Fair 2014||Amazement Park||February 20 – March 6, 2014|
|Music Jam 2014||Music Cruise||July 17–29, 2014|
|The Fair 2015||Amazement Park||May 20 – June 11, 2015|
|Music Jam 2016||Snow Forts||November 4–28, 2016|
In 2012, the Penguin Band began to produce music and collaborate with their friend, Cadence, on tracks. This music has appeared all over the island, and sometimes, they will perform their work at parties. In real life, these songs could be purchased on iTunes and in other digital music stores.
Appearing in DJ3K
- Flipper Stomper
- Penguin Band Boogie
- Wild Wild West
Appearing in Club Penguin: The Party Starts Now!
- Anchors Aweigh (2012)
- Ghosts Just Wanna Dance (2012)
- Cool In The Cold (2012)
- Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman) (2013)
- The Penguin Band are the oldest mascots in Club Penguin first appearing in Penguin Chat before making their first Club Penguin appearance in January 2006.
- There was a scavenger hunt shortly after the Western Party where penguins had to find The Band's instruments. Once players found the instruments, their penguin was rewarded with a Band Background featuring The Band and their autographs. Another background was given out during the Music Jam party when The Penguin Band went on break.
- All the current members of the Penguin Band used to work for shops around Club Penguin Island, such as the Pizza Parlor and the Pet Shop, and they claim they would have still worked there if they had not become musicians.
- At the Music Jam 2011, all of the band members wore jeans except for G Billy.
- They changed their looks twice: once in 2008 and a second time in 2011.
- At their third appearance, it was shown that they are the only Penguins who can play Musical Instruments and wear Clothes at the same time.
- They appeared for the preparations for the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam and also appeared during the party.
- On August 28, 2012 the Penguin Band released their first single titled Anchors Aweigh, the song was about the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit and Rockhopper, we also heard Franky's voice for the first time.
- Short biographies of them once appeared in the Club Penguin Times.
- Main article: Penguin Band/Gallery
- Through this file.
- Youtube link.
- 2011-2012 yearbook.
- External site documenting the statement.
- File:PC3 PeteyK.png
- Disney's official Club Penguin information page.