|Full Name||Chris Gliddon|
|Born||January 1, 1979|
|Position||Manager, Social Media and Community|
|Joined the team||November 2006|
|Left the team||April 2015|
|Penguin Name||Polo Field|
|“||Don't forget YOU make Club Penguin the special place it is! Keep working together to make CP even better.||”|
— Polo Field in his final blog post
Polo Field (real name Chris Gliddon) was a moderator in Club Penguin. He was in charge of the Community and Social Media areas of Club Penguin, answering fan comments, and working on blog posts and videos. He was originally hired as a community support rep in 2006 by Gizmo, and was later hired as a member of the development team by Rsnail in July 2007.
Leaving Club Penguin
In April 2015, Megg posted an announcement on behalf of Polo Field in which he said he had left Club Penguin.
I've got a special message from Polo Field to all of you in the community:
Hope everyone loves the Maze puzzle. The team have so many more amazing surprises planned for you this year.
Just wanted to let you know that after 8 incredible years at Club Penguin, I'm going to be moving on.
I've been so lucky to be a part of the Club Penguin Team, serving you guys every day. Thank you for being the most amazing, positive, and friendly community. Thanks for all the beautiful artwork, and encouraging words you've sent over all the years.
Don't forget YOU make Club Penguin the special place it is! Keep working together to make CP even better.
Until then… Waddle on!
-Chris (aka Polo Field)
I was hoping I could ask you all a huge favor and join me in wishing Polo all the best in his future experiences. Leave your special message for Polo Field in the comments below!
-Club Penguin Team
Field Friday (sometimes referred to as Field Day) was a recurring event hosted on Fridays by Polo Field. In the event, he talked with other penguins and responded to players' questions, and sometimes even revealed upcoming features or events, including parties. He usually visited igloos on the map and posted a screenshot on his Twitter account without revealing the name of the user the igloo belonged to, causing players to search around the list of igloos on the map.
The first Field Friday was held on October 5, 2012, and they were usually held on the server Fjord. The times for Field Fridays were originally posted on the What's New Blog, but moved to Polo Field's Twitter account, which allowed him to post more in-depth about the events. Sometimes he invited friends to join him, like Ninja, Tour Guide, Robo Bird, Cool Times, Chattabox, and Megg.
The final Field Friday was supposed to be held on Friday May 1, 2015. However, due to server issues, many players were not able to log, and logged on players were disconnected. Because of this, the final Field Friday was postponed to an unknown date.
- The Club Penguin Team designed the Keytar especially for him on request.
- He first heard about Club Penguin through Super Sheep, a Club Penguin moderator.
- Polo Field made his first post on the What's New Blog on October 18, 2012.
- Gizmo hired Polo Field back in November 2006.
- Polo Field has a Twitter account - @polofield.
- Polo Field was once Club Penguin's historian. He kept track of all the important things that happened in its history.
- Polo Field likes wikis, as seen on his Wikia user page.
- His penguin "Polo" was created in November 2006; it was his first penguin. He created Polo Field in June 2007, and has since used that as his main penguin.
- He is a big fan of Phineas and Ferb.
- His name was inspired by a music festival, which takes place on a polo field.
- The Muppets were a major inspiration for him.
- His best friend is the moderator Bambalou.
- Before he worked at Club Penguin, he worked at the Miniclip Forums, and, before that, he worked as an accountant on a golf course.
- Polo had always been friends with Screenhog, and was impressed with his talent and creativity. He cried the day Screenhog left the team.
- He owns an Orange Tabby Cat puffle named Chedda, as seen at the Puffle Party 2014 Sneak Peek video.
- He rooted for England during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil.
- The Tuft was based on Chris' hair in real life.
- Due to no longer "owning" his Polo Field account, he now uses an account named "TigerWolf" which he sometimes logs on with.
- He hosts a podcast along with Nathan Lige, called TigerWolf.
- His favorite puffles are the Black Puffle and the Cat Puffle.
- His favorite food is curry.
- His favorite style of music is Electronic.
- His favorite party of 2013 was the Star Wars Takeover.
- His favorite mascot is Sensei. According to a livestream he made, he was one of the designers for Sensei as well as the Dig Out the Dojo event, along with Goodtea.
|Click [Expand] to display|
Appearance in Club Penguin
Player Card Pictures
In real life
- Special Message from Polo Field
- Polo and Moose... reporting for duty!
- Ask Polo!
- Polo Field's Twitter (now closed)
- Polo Field's Blog (now closed)
- Chris Gliddon's Twitter
- Chris Gliddon's Blog