|Similar creatures||Puffle Creatures|
|Appeared||Club Penguin Island|
Puffles were small limbless furry creatures native to Club Penguin Island. Puffles were first discovered in November 2005, then first adoptable in March 2006, being sold for 800 coins, which had since been reduced to 400 coins. Adopted puffles stay at their owner's home or backyard until they are taken out for a walk. More than 25 types of puffle, including real-world animal counterparts, were officially discovered and recognized. Puffles ate O' berries and other foods native to Club Penguin.
All puffles were only for members, except blue puffles and red puffles, however, everyone with an unused Treasure Book code or an unused puffle toy code could adopt the original 10 for free, with a limited amount of puffles per code. Only twice, a member puffle became a non-member puffle for a limited time at a party. Tasks that required a puffle had to be completed to adopt rainbow puffles and gold puffles (Puffle Tasks and Quest for the Gold Puffle respectively).
Puffle Parties were held in either February, March, or April since 2009, at said celebrations, each puffle had their own decorated area and/or new species were discovered and/or it had puffle themed exclusive items.
- 1 Description
- 2 Care
- 3 In-Game Care
- 4 Types of Puffles
- 5 Appearances
- 6 History
- 7 Famous Puffles
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Puffles originally appeared with rough cut fur and generic facial expressions. They had eyes and a mouth, but did not have noses. In 2011, they were updated with a new look both in-game and on the Puffle Card. In 2013, the puffles were shown in a somewhat mix of their original artwork and the 2011 artwork (when coming out of animations they may occasionally flash back into their original artwork).
Not much was known about puffle language. Their main sound was squeaking, as seen (heard) in Puffle Roundup and by mousing over the puffles in Aunt Arctic's igloo in Secret Mission 1. Puffles also seemed to be able to communicate with each other in some way because in many secret agent missions and/or EPF missions, puffles worked together without making any sounds. In the book The Great Puffle Switch, it was revealed that puffles could speak to each other without penguins understanding. It was also mentioned by Aunt Arctic in the newspaper that she had been trying to figure out the puffle language and that Rockhopper could communicate with Yarr since they knew each other well.
All puffles had special abilities, mainly involving their short range telekinesis. Each species could summon a toy (varies from species to species) at will from mid-air. All puffles could summon hair brushes, bath tubs, and some puffles could summon color specific objects like a sleeping mask. Puffles had a keen sense of treasure hunting and could perform tricks too.
Members could adopt up to 75 puffles, with no limit on the quantity of each type, while non-members could only buy up to 2 puffles of either red or blue (or rainbow at the Rainbow Puffle Party) (or green alien at Operation: Crustacean) (It didn't affect unlockable puffles). Puffles were the only type of pets penguins can own. Only 10 puffles could fit in your igloo, the rest went to your igloo's backyard.
- Main article: Puffle Interface
When you clicked one of the puffles in your igloo, a full screen interface would show up with five different tabs, PH would guide you in using the menu's features when it was opened for the first time. Each tab had corresponding options for the type of care. The options were as follows:
- Food Tab: It was used to select what to feed your puffle to boost its food stats. Food could be bought in the Puffle Catalog and dug up by your puffle(s). Each puffle species had different reactions to the food selected and different eating animations.
- Play Tab: It was used to select toys from of all the puffle species you had and formerly had to boost your puffle's play stats. Each puffle species only played with its own toys (example: A red puffle would only play with bowling pins and cannons. It would not play with the white puffle's skate, the brown puffle's rocket, etc.). Super toys could be bought in the Puffle Catalog.
- Care Tab: It was used to select the bath and brush features to boost your puffle's care stats.
- Rest Tab: It was used to select the sleep feature to boost your puffle's rest stats.
- Dress Tab: It was used to put hats on your puffle(s). Hats could be bought in the Puffle Catalog, unlocked with codes, obtainable at parties and in the Introduction to Club Penguin. All puffle creatures couldn't wear hats.
- Pet Papers: Although not a tab, the puffle menu would show Pet Papers. Here, you could see your certificate of ownership, tips for Puffle Digging, or send your puffle back to its natural habitat.
- Walk Tab: It was created since puffles could dig up food. It appeared at the left side of the interface and had a picture of a puffle on a leash.
- Puffle Handbook: Although not a tab, the puffle handbook told you how to care for your puffles, information on the puffle color, and told you about their features. This handbook was also at the Pet Shop.
If you were inactive with your puffle for a while and/or all its stats got depleted, it would send you a postcard and abandon you to return to the wild.
Right after all your puffle's stats are full, your puffle performed a special animation:
- If it happened in the puffle interface, fireworks (placeholder)
- If it happened while walking your puffle, shine (placeholder)
When you clicked one of your puffles, a simple menu appeared. You could see your puffle's stats and choose from 3 buttons. In it you could choose:
- Walk Button: It was used to take your puffle out for a walk. It could be used in your backyard and igloo.
- Care Button: It opened the puffle interface. It could be used in your igloo and only on the original 12 puffles.
- Move to Igloo/Backyard Button: It moved your puffle to your backyard or igloo. It could be used in your backyard and igloo.
Types of Puffles
Each puffle had a different personality and style, so players could find the one that fit them best. These were all the puffles that have been permanently or temporarily adoptable in order of discovery dates.
* Indicates a non-member puffle. **Indicates a member puffle available in the Treasure Book.
***Indicates a member puffle who becomed a non-member puffle for a limited time at a party (for alien puffles, only the green variant).
|Blue*||They are considered trustworthy, loyal, and easy to care for. These puffles are available to all players. They are one of the most popular.||400 coins||November 2005|
|Red*||Red puffles are the most adventurous. They were discovered on Rockhopper Island by Captain Rockhopper, who decided to take some back to Club Penguin. The most famous red puffle is Rockhopper's puffle, Yarr. They can play Catchin' Waves with you at the Cove.||400 coins||December 2006|
|Pink**||They are known for their sportiness. They are also depicted as cheerful. They can play Aqua Grabber with you at the Iceberg.||400 coins||November 2005|
|Black**||They are known for their reluctance and shadowiness. However, they have a wild side; they love to skateboard and they are known to catch on fire when they are feeling happy and strong. They rarely smile, but they will smile when pleased. They can play Cart Surfer with you.||400 coins||November 2005|
|Green**||They are very energetic and silly. They are also the fastest puffles. They are much like clowns, and are usually seen with a propeller cap or a unicycle. The most famous green puffle is the Keeper of the Boiler Room, who is on top of a speaker at the Dance Club. They can play Jet Pack Adventure with you.||400 coins||November 2005|
|Purple**||They love to dance, be picky eaters and are often portrayed as divas. They can blow incredibly large bubbles using their bubble wand. This puffle is perfect for Cadence, as she has one named Lolz. Purple puffles can play Dance Contest with you.||400 coins||August 2006|
|Yellow**||They are very creative and artistic, and are known to sculpt and paint perfect pieces of art. They love anything that has got to do with the arts, be it art, design, plays or music. There is also a yellow puffle named the Keeper of the Stage, which will appear when you pull the yellow lever on the Switchbox 3000. Yellow puffles used to be able to play DJ3K with you, until the game was removed.||400 coins||October 2007|
|White**||They are the smallest of all puffles, which fits their shy and quiet personalities. They are also known for their ability to turn anything in to ice, or create slopes of ice from thin air. They are connected back to ninjas quite often, especially since the first white puffles were spotted at the Dojo. This puffle seems perfect for Sensei.||400 coins||February 2009|
|Orange**||Orange puffles have been depicted as goofy and zany, somewhat like green puffles. They are native to the Box Dimension, which was where they were first spotted. Their prominent buck teeth and long tongues make them stand out among other puffles.||400 coins||February 2010|
|Brown**||Brown Puffles are the most intelligent puffles, as the Brown Puffle Cave where they were discovered is full of complex machinery. They play with rocket ships and dream of equations, complete with a graph paper background. They always wear safety goggles whenever they perform experiments.||400 coins||January 2011|
|Rainbow***||These legendary puffles come from the Cloud Forest above Club Penguin Island. Their existence was rumored in the community for many years before they were seen for the first time in the Puffle Party music video. They are known to be the most majestic puffles. They can fly and fart sparkles. Non-members could adopt them without needing to complete any tasks at the Rainbow Puffle Party.||Free after completing all four Puffle Hotel tasks
|Gold||Like rainbow puffles, gold puffles had been rumored to exist years before they were discovered. They are energetic, hide-and-seek experts and shine a lot. To adopt one, members had to feed a gold O'berry from the Gold O'berry Machine to their puffle(s) to dig up gold nuggets, after finding 15 gold nuggets, they can be used to activate a gold jackhammer to uncover a gold puffle. They can dig up exclusive golden items when they are walked.||10 coins and completing the Quest for the Gold Puffle
|Dinosaur||Dinosaur Puffles were discovered at the Prehistoric Party 2014. There are six variants (Blue Triceratops, Black T-Rex, Pink Stegosaurus, Red Triceratops, Purple T-Rex and Yellow Stegosaurus). To adopt one at the Prehistoric Party 2014, players had to dig up their respective egg in Dino Dig, members could then hatch them at a volcano. In all the later times they were back for adoption, no task was required. They can dig up exclusive prehistoric items when they are walked. The only famous dinosaur puffle is Darwin.||Free||Prehistoric era|
|Border Collie||Full of energy, they're always up for a walk or playing fetch. Just watch out for their slobbery kisses. They can dig up exclusive items and exclusive prehistoric items when they are walked.||800 coins||April 2014|
|Tabby Cat||Always curious, these cat puffle will get into almost anything. They love high places and being the center of attention. They can dig up exclusive items and exclusive prehistoric items when they are walked.||800 coins||April 2014|
|Snowman||They are special artificial puffles made out of snow who resemble Olaf and are created by Elsa. During all Frozen Parties, all seven hidden magic snowflakes had to be collected to adopt this puffle, but in all the other times it was back for adoption, no task was required. They can dig up exclusive items and exclusive prehistoric items when they are walked.||Free||August 2014|
|Ghost||They are special supernatural puffles that were lurking in the Puffle Hotel when it was haunted by Skip during the Halloween Party 2014 as part of his plan to steal their ghostly energy. Members could adopt them after rescuing them from Skip by defeating him and foiling his plan. In all the later times it was back for adoption, no task was required.||Free||October 2014|
|Yellow Unicorn||These are unique puffles, only found deep in the Wilderness. They were adoptable in the mobile application Puffle Wild and at the Puffle Wild room. Other variants appeared at the Medieval Party 2013. The only famous yellow unicorn puffle is Glitterpants.||Free (Puffle Wild app), 800 coins (adopt)||Puffle Wild|
|Rabbit||These are unique puffles, only found deep in the Wilderness. They were adoptable in the mobile application Puffle Wild and at the Puffle Wild room. They have large ears. A not adoptable purple variant can be seen on the Puffle Wild loading screen.||Free (Puffle Wild app), 800 coins (adopt)||Puffle Wild|
|Raccoon||These are unique puffles, only found deep in the Wilderness. They were adoptable in the mobile application Puffle Wild and at the Puffle Wild room.||Free (Puffle Wild app), 800 coins (adopt)||Puffle Wild|
|Deer||These are unique puffles, only found deep in the Wilderness. They were adoptable in the mobile application Puffle Wild and at the Puffle Wild room. They were first seen in the first version of another mobile app, Sled Racer.||Free (Puffle Wild app), 800 coins (adopt)||Puffle Wild|
|Blue Crystal||These are magic flying crystalline puffles who were brought to the island by Merry Walrus. During the Merry Walrus Party, all six "blue puffle gems" had to be collected to adopt this puffle, but in all the later times it was back for adoption, no task was required. Six of these puffles pull the Merry Walrus' sleigh, one of them is Enrique, from the We Wish You a Merry Walrus TV special.||Free||December 2014|
|Alien***||These puffles came from outer space. They abduct penguins to their UFO temporarily, but Klutzy stayed with the alien puffles until he escaped with Herbert in Operation: Crustacean, the party where penguins discovered alien puffles. From November 18, 2015 to February 3, 2016, non-members could adopt the green variant.||Free||November 2015|
- Main article: Puffle Creatures
|Purple Turkish Van Cat||A drawing of it was discovered in the Doodle Dimension at the April Fools' Party 2012. A real one is in the video Puffle Trouble among a crowd of puffles. A picture of it could be seen in Jangrah's igloo in the Club Penguin: Monster Beach Party TV special.||Club Penguin: Monster Beach Party|
|Bat||One was seen through the Mansion Attic telescope of the Halloween Party 2012. It is featured on the Puffle Bat Key Pin, the Puffle Bat Tee and the Halloween Tee. Members could turn into them during Halloween Parties 2013 and 2016 when dancing as a vampire.||Club Penguin: Halloween Panic!|
|Reindeer||Members could transform into one during the Holiday Party 2012 by eating its magic cookie. It is featured on the Holiday Cookies Pin as a cookie, and on the Reindeer Puffle Sweater as a silhouette. A decoration featuring a red-nosed reindeer puffle could be seen at the Dock during the Holiday Party 2013. Two real ones appear on the Puffle Wild loading screen. These puffle species are slightly larger than ordinary puffles.||Puffle Wild loading screen|
|Dragon||Dragon Puffles were rumored due to an appearance in a foreign Club Penguin Magazine issue. Their variants so far are blue and green. Members could transform into both variants during the Medieval Party 2013 by drinking their respective dragon puffle potion.||Club Penguin: Halloween Panic!|
|Unicorn||Unicorn Puffles are mythical puffles. Their variants are white, black and yellow. Members could transform into the white and black variants during the Medieval Party 2013 by drinking their respective unicorn puffle potion. The yellow variant was adoptable in the Puffle Wild app and at the Puffle Wild room.||Puffle Wild|
|Chicken||Members were able to transform into one during the Medieval Party 2013 when a wrong potion ingredient was mixed. During the Muppets World Tour, penguins who joined a member's Salad Tongs act became a chicken puffle until the act was finished. It has its own official music video.||Muppets World Tour|
|Health||Hidden Lake, Cove, Puffle Hotel Roof, Water Dojo||Jumping in water causes the puffle to jump up and splash.||All|
|Food||Puffle Hotel Lobby, Puffle Hotel Roof||Clicking on a table causes the puffle to drink a smoothie.||All|
|Sleep||Puffle Hotel Lobby, Puffle Hotel Roof||Clicking a bed or sleeping chair causes the puffle to take a nap.||All|
|Play||Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking the weight benches causes the puffle to lift a small weight.||All|
|Health||Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a grooming chair causes the puffle to be groomed.||All|
|Health||Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a washing chair causes the puffle to be washed.||All|
|Play||Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a treadmill causes the puffle to run.||All|
|Play||Puffle Hotel Roof, Cove (Puffle Party 2014 only)||Clicking on the diving board results in the puffle jumping off of it into the pool.||All|
|Neutral||Pet Shop||Adopting a puffle causes it to jump from the pet house and come to your side, color of rug changes depending on the puffle you walk.||All but rainbow or gold|
|Neutral||Cloud Forest||Adopting a rainbow puffle causes it to jump from the cloud cave and come to your side.||Rainbow and all (if you have a Puffle with you)|
|Neutral||Gold Mine||Adopting a gold puffle causes it to spring forth from the golden flow and come to your side.||Gold and all|
|Food||Pizza Parlor||Clicking the puffle snack station results in the puffle jumping up to eat a slice of pizza.||All|
|Health||Puffle Park||Clicking the fire hydrant results in the puffle being sprayed with water.||All|
|Food||Puffle Park||Clicking the o-berry trough results in the puffle eating a bowl of o-berries.||All|
|Play||Puffle Park||Clicking the scratch post results in the puffle scratching up against it.||All|
|Sleep||Puffle Park||Clicking the tree results in the puffle sleeping inside it.||All|
|Play||Puffle Park||Clicking the tire swing results in the puffle swinging on it.||All|
|Play||Puffle Park||Clicking the zipline results in the puffle and player sliding down, with the penguin on the seat and the puffle in the puffle ball.||All|
|Play||Puffle Park||Clicking the slide results in the puffle sliding down it.||All|
|Neutral||Any room||Puffles will randomly dig around the island, and can find one of four things: coins, items, puffle food, or gold nuggets||All|
Playable/Main Game Appearances
Some puffles can help you play games.
- Red - Catching Waves
- Green - Jet Pack Adventure
- Purple - Dance Contest
- Pink - Aqua Grabber
- Black - Cart Surfer (also appears as main character in Thin Ice)
- First ten puffles - Puffle Roundup, Puffle Launch, Pufflescape
All puffles, even those which didn't have a specific game, could participate in Puffle Launch and Pufflescape, whether you were a member or not. You also did not need a puffle to play; red puffles were default for Puffle Launch and white ones in Pufflescape. Rainbow Puffles, Gold Puffles and all Puffle Creatures can't participate in either game.
- In Ice Fishing, a pink puffle would swim along with a banner, warning the player of enemies. It used to be a blue puffle.
- Some of the power cards in Card-Jitsu involved puffles. There was a Card-Jitsu deck themed on puffles, which was called the Puffle Deck.
- For more detail on early puffle history, see Puffle Discovery.
- November 15, 2005: Creatures are spotted at the Ice Rink, Snow Forts, and Night Club.
- November 21, 2005: One of the creatures is captured, proving they exist, as they were "not taken seriously" before, according to The Penguin Times. The creatures are deemed safe and friendly, and are studied.
- December 1, 2005: Since the name of the creatures is unknown, a naming contest is held to choose a name for them. Players could send in their submissions by email, promising 5000 coins for the winner(s).
- December 8, 2005: The name "puffle" is chosen for the creatures.
- December 14, 2005: The game Puffle Roundup is released so penguins can help capture all the puffles.
- March 17, 2006: The Pet Shop is opened, with blue puffles, green puffles, pink puffles and black puffles ready for adoption.
- April 14, 2006: Puffle furniture is ready to be purchased in the Pet Shop.
- August 25, 2006: Purple puffles are put up for adoption in the Pet Shop for the first time.
- September 29, 2006: Penguins are able to walk their puffles for the first time.
- November 24, 2006: Penguins are able to bathe their puffles for the first time.
- December 8, 2006: Rockhopper brings hundreds of red puffles from Rockhopper Island to Club Penguin and they become adoptable in the Pet Shop.
- October 26, 2007: A yellow puffle is spotted at the Forest during the Halloween Party 2007.
- November 30, 2007: Yellow puffles become available in the Pet Shop.
- February 13, 2009: Puffles start playing with their furniture for the first time.
- February 20, 2009: During the Puffle Party 2009 a white puffle was spotted at the Dojo Courtyard and Ski Hill.
- March 6, 2009: White puffles become available in the Pet Shop.
- February 18, 2010: Orange puffles are seen at the Ski Village during the Puffle Party 2010.
- February 25, 2010: Orange puffles become adoptable at the Pet Shop.
- January 17, 2011: After leading an expedition into the wilderness, penguins discover brown puffles on an island just off the coast of Club Penguin Island.
- March 8, 2011: The Pet Shop gets a major renovation, penguins buy food for their puffles for the first time, the new Puffle Interface is launched, and the puffles are given a new look.
- October 4, 2011: Puffle hats are released.
- February 11, 2013: Rainbow puffles make an appearance in the official Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman) music video, confirming their true existence.
- March 7, 2013: Construction begins on the Puffle Hotel, a building tall enough to get to the cloud where the rainbow puffles are.
- March 21, 2013: The Puffle Party 2013 arrives with the new Puffle Hotel at the Plaza. The Rainbow Cannon on the Puffle Hotel Roof launches penguins to the Cloud Forest to adopt rainbow puffles.
- May 30, 2013: The price to purchase a puffle is dropped from 800 to 400 coins.
- June 20, 2013: Puffles start digging up treasure around the island and can earn you coins.
- July 11, 2013: Puffles can have full care stats in the Puffle Interface. They can also dig up rare items in Puffle Digging.
- August 15, 2013: Puffles start digging up for food.
- October 3, 2013: Puffles can now eat pizza at the Pizza Parlor using the Puffle Snack Station.
- November 14, 2013: The Gold Mine opens and penguins can adopt gold puffles now.
- November 21, 2013: Puffles get mind controlled by Herbert and the Puffle Hotel renovates.
- January 23, 2014: Penguins are able to adopt up to 40 puffles and keep them in their backyards.
- January 23, 2014: 6 dinosaur puffles are found and adoptable for a limited time.
- April 17, 2014: The new blue Border Collie and orange tabby cat puffles are available for the Puffle Party 2014. The Puffle Park opens for all puffles to get active and get some fresh air. Puffles can now perform Puffle Tricks.
- August 21, 2014 - September 3, 2014: The new snowman puffle is available for members to create and adopt for a limited time.
- October 23, 2014 - November 5, 2014: Members can rescue and adopt ghost puffles for a limited time.
- December 4, 2014: Penguins enter The Wilds and find many new puffle creatures.
- December 18, 2014 - December 29, 2014: Members can be given a blue crystal puffle as a gift from Merry Walrus for a limited time.
- March 26, 2015: The Puffle Party 2015 starts, and members who play Club Penguin on desktop can now adopt puffle creatures at the Puffle Wild
- April 22, 2015: Snowman puffles returned at the Frozen Fever Party 2015.
- September 30, 2015 - October 21, 2015: Two dinosaur puffles returned for adoption at the 10th Anniversary Party, the Black T-Rex Puffle and the Pink Stegosaurus Puffle.
- October 21, 2015 - November 4, 2015: Ghost puffles returned at the Halloween Party 2015.
- November 18, 2015 - February 3, 2016: Alien puffles were adoptable at Operation: Crustacean.
- December 16, 2015 - January 6, 2016: Snowman puffles and blue crystal puffles were once again adoptable at the Holiday Party 2015.
- January 21, 2016 - February 3, 2016: Dinosaur puffles are once again adoptable at the Prehistoric Party 2016.
- March 16, 2016 - April 6, 2016: All of the puffles were adoptable during the Puffle Party 2016.
- August 17, 2016 - September 28, 2016: Snowman puffles returned at the Frozen Fever Party 2016.
- September 28, 2016 - November 2, 2016: Ghost puffles returned at the Halloween Party 2016.
- November 30, 2016 - January 4, 2017: Snowman puffles and blue crystal puffles were once again adoptable at the Holiday Party 2016.
- March 29, 2017 - March 30, 2017: Everyone could adopt member puffles.
- March 30, 2017: Puffles became unavailable.
- Main article: Famous Puffles
- Great Puffle Circus Ringmaster
- Keeper of the Boiler Room
- Keeper of the Stage
- Ed McCool
- "Almost 3000 submissions" were received from players suggesting a name for these creatures in the "Name That Critter!" contest in issue 7 of The Penguin Times. The Club Penguin Team eventually decided the winning name, "Puffles".
- The penguins that came up with the winning name were Yolam08, Wafflepye, and Gronnie.
- Screenhog created the original puffles.
- When players adopted a puffle, they would receive a postcard from sys saying "Thank you for adopting (puffle's name). It needs a lot of attention. Puffles will return to the wild when they are left alone for too long".
- Most puffles were almost exactly half as tall as a penguin. The only exception was the White Puffle.
- There was a Card-Jitsu deck of trading cards with all cards about puffles.
- Players used to be able to see the names of other players' puffles in their igloo; however, this feature was removed.
- Puffles might have had telekinesis, because they seemed to be able to make items appear and pick them up without arms or hands.
- If a member bought a puffle, but their membership expired, some puffles that were not red or blue would stay, which meant non-members could own member puffles.
- Yarr, The Keeper of the Boiler Room, The Keeper of the Stage, and Aunt Arctic's puffles went missing during early/mid January 2010 due to the Cave Expedition. They could soon be seen in a rock slide, but soon they returned due to the new game Puffle Rescue where penguins saved puffles from the seas and in caverns.
- On most of the Puffle Party logos, one could see that the letters had the colors of all the puffles (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Black, White, Orange, and most recently, Brown). The 'Y' in 'Party' was a Magenta/Fuchsia color.
- It was likely that puffles were mammals, as they had fur and other features that made them mammal-like.
- However, real life dinosaurs were reptilian, likely meaning Dinosaur Puffles were also reptilian.
- In the 2010 Coins for Change results video, as the coin is traveling through the pipe, there is a Pre-Historic Puffle with two large teeth at the front of its mouth; however, this is just a statue.
- When the Red Puffle was first released in the Pet Shop, they were only for members, but in 2007, Club Penguin let the Red Puffles be for Non-Members as well.
- When puffles tried to use Puffle Beds, Puffle Igloos, etc., their old look would be used in the animation briefly.
- It was unknown if they inhabited Club Penguin Island before penguins. Sensei might have brought puffles to Club Penguin, because he was supposedly the first penguin on the island.
- There was a Card-Jitsu power card that featured every puffle released before White Puffles. The owner of the card rang a Bell which then caused a stampede of puffles onto the opposing player.
- On September 29, 2006, penguins were able to walk their puffles for the first time.
- Screenhog was originally not going to give puffles mouths, but Billybob and Rsnail convinced him to add them.
- Since Red Puffles came from Rockhopper Island, and Blue Border Collies and Orange Tabby Cats came from an unnamed island, it was possible that puffles were also found on islands nearby Club Penguin Island.
- In May 2013, the price to purchase a puffle was changed from 800 to 400.
- On June 20, 2013, Puffle Digging was added, which allowed puffles to dig for coins. Later, in July 2013, puffles could also dig up certain items and furniture.
- 2013 was the first time multiple puffles were discovered in one year since 2006.
- Multiple puffles were discovered again in 2014.
- Before, puffles counted as a hand item so the owner could not hold a hand item while walking a puffle; however, a few years before Club Penguin shut down, it became possible to walk puffles and carry a hand item at the same time.
- As of January 2014, if a penguin had more than 10 puffles, they could move the rest of them to the Igloo Backyard. If a puffle was in the backyard, their stats remained the same.
- As of April 2014, if you logged off on Club Penguin while walking with a puffle and login again, your puffle would be with you, and would not go to the Backyard or to the Igloo.
- There were also versions of puffles as hand items, although these were not obtainable. They functioned similarly to how Flare did in-game.
- As of May 2014, owners could've made their puffle dig anytime. After digging once, the player had to wait for roughly two minutes before a puffle could be made to dig again.
- When puffles first came out, there were signs telling where to go to get puffles and puffles around the island.
- The Snowman Puffle was the first puffle to be artificially created by penguins themselves by finishing quests.
- New puffles were discovered every year except for 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2017.