|Minigame location||Club Penguin App|
|Date released||May 9, 2013|
|Date closed||May 21, 2015 (iOS)|
June 30th, 2015 (Android)
Sushi Drop was an exclusive mini-game on the Club Penguin App. The objective of the game was to drop a piece of sushi to the bottom of the sea to earn items or coins. Players would obtain a piece of sushi daily, and could also receive bonus sushi by reading a post on the What's New Blog, watching a video, and playing games. Each piece of sushi counted as a try in the game. It was announced on the What's New Blog by Spike Hike on May 3, 2013. On May 21, 2015, the game was removed on iOS devices after the Club Penguin App's home screen was updated. However, it was still playable on Android devices until June 30th, 2015.
Players dropped a piece of sushi at the top, and when they dropped it, the sushi would fall in between rocks. The piece of sushi would eventually land into a clam, giving you coins and sometimes an item. Also, while playing the game, the player could tap the screen to create bubbles, which could change the direction of the sushi. However, bubbles lasted for a limited amount of time (about 2 seconds).
List of Items
Here is a list of items that you could earn by playing Sushi Drop:
- Black and Red Sailor Shirt
- Life Ring
- Yellow Snorkel
- Sailor Hat
- Shell Necklace
- Ice Fishing Background
- Coral Reef Background
- Hidden Treasure Background
- Between 150 and 750 coins
Amount of coins
- Clams on far ends – 150 coins
- Center clam – 500 coins
- Rest of the clams – 200 coins
- Touching Fluffies – 100 or 150 coins
- If over 99 sushi was received, the counter displayed on the tray of sushi would stop at 99, although sushi could still be earned.
- The Giant Squid appeared in the background of the game.
- In My Penguin, players could check out golden videos and golden posts to earn more sushi.