|Where||Northern part of Club Penguin Island|
The Wilderness is an area on Club Penguin Island. It is similar to the Forest, however it is not explored much. This area was temporarily available for all penguins to access during the Operation: Puffle.
The Wilderness is located to the north of Club Penguin Island, and makes up most of the territory not covered on the Map. The vast majority of it is unchartered, and is said to be very far away from the main areas of the island. It is the location of most of the mountains in the Mountain Range, including the Tallest Mountain, and is the primary location of the River.
The main point of access to the Wilderness is located below the Ski Hill. To get there, you must go down the Test Track, which can be accessed in Secret Missions 2 and 4. As shown in Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, you can also get to the Wilderness via the Forest; it is implied that prior to a path being built, you had to cross through the Wilderness to get to the Mine Shack. The game also reveals that the rear wall of the Gadget Room faces the Wilderness, as you can access it through a hole in the wall. It is thought that the back of the Ski Lodge acts as a close route to the Wilderness, reinforced by the fact that it is close to the Ski Hill; during Operation: Puffle, the Wilderness was accessed through a path between the two.
The Wilderness is the main source of O' Berries, which can be seen as a highly used natural resource. Because the Wilderness is spoken of as such a remote location, it is unclear how it can be the source of something so widely used in Club Penguin.
Flora and Fauna
Except for some Puffles, not much lives in the Wilderness. Yellow Fish swim in the river, as shown in Secret Mission #2, and the Flora is limited to pine trees and O-Berry bushes. There is a rumor which is that a Yeti lives there. This Yeti is likely Herbert P. Bear.
There are many areas in the wilderness.
- Mountain bottom: An area that you start out at. It is where you crash in Mission 2. After you crash there, there is a bunch of little pieces of the sled stuck in the ground. They were removed by Herbert to create the Mechanical Woodchopper.
- Tree Stump: A perfectly normal area with a tree stump in the middle. Puffles are known to gather here. In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Herbert's Revenge Mission 8 (Suspect at Large) the tree stump is Herbert's Base and you need to go to the cave and get the secret code, then click on the fake rock, put the secret code and put the key in the vault.
- Log: Again, another perfectly normal area. This room has 2 bushes in front (possibly old O-berry bushes) and a log.
- River: An area that has a long river in it. The water can be boiled and can be drank. There are also fish in the waters, and is known to be a great fishing spot.
- Cave (Outside): An area with a big cave. There were once bushes covering the entrance. Later on Herbert finds the cave and puts a door that has a small pet-flap-door to allow Klutzy to enter.
- Cave (Inside): The cave was once uninhabited and unknown. You make a fire in it in Mission 2. Later on, Herbert finds it and turns it into his secret HQ (which is now destroyed). He puts a cage in it and also puts blue prints, tools, and a broken red puffle bed for Klutzy.
- Behind the lake: Herbert's new camp in Mission 9 and Mission 10. A Secret Agent made a camera of Spy Phone and Binoculars 3000, but Herbert finds it and uses it to see into the HQ in Mission 10.
- In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force a tour guide gets lost in the wilderness while he's giving a tour and you have to rescue him by using a Snow Trekker.
- The wilderness was used to "shoot" the first ever video on the Blog about puffles.
- You were able to travel the wilderness on boat during Operation: Puffle.