FANDOM


  • Is the original CP PC game going to be closing after the "Project super secret" thing? I'm so confused, can someone please help me out here, thank you

      Loading editor
    • I wish Club Penguin was closed for NEW DISNEY MMOS (Not talking about Club Penguin Island thing) Like Toontown Online. You know, I wouldn't care because club penguin community would lose their mind... if it was closed down. but hey, on bright side... Club Penguin Online version will have free membership for Everyone else.

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote: I wish Club Penguin was closed for NEW DISNEY MMOS (Not talking about Club Penguin Island thing) Like Toontown Online. You know, I wouldn't care because club penguin community would lose their mind... if it was closed down. but hey, on bright side... Club Penguin Online version will have free membership for Everyone else.

      nah we all kinda know cp is dying so whatever cp community is left won't explode or anything

        Loading editor
    • StripesMaster wrote: Is the original CP PC game going to be closing after the "Project super secret" thing? I'm so confused, can someone please help me out here, thank you

      Club Penguin Island (formerly known as Project Super Secret) will officially release in 2017 while the PC version will stay open for a few months. It's unknown when it will close though you can expect the PC version closing in Fall 2017.

      As for the items, no item will be transferred from your penguin to the new game. This includes stamps, puffles, igloos, flooring designs, and coins. However, if you pre-register in the official Club Penguin Island website, you'll get exclusive items; these being a Beta Hat and a CPI jacket.

        Loading editor
    • Phineas99cp wrote:

      StripesMaster wrote: Is the original CP PC game going to be closing after the "Project super secret" thing? I'm so confused, can someone please help me out here, thank you

      Club Penguin Island (formerly known as Project Super Secret) will officially release in 2017 while the PC version will stay open for a few months. It's unknown when it will close though you can expect the PC version closing in Fall 2017.

      As for the items, no item will be transferred from your penguin to the new game. This includes stamps, puffles, igloos, flooring designs, and coins. However, if you pre-register in the official Club Penguin Island website, you'll get exclusive items; these being a Beta Hat and a CPI jacket.

      If the PC version shuts down that's literally over, I don't wanna lose my items :(

        Loading editor
    • Phineas99cp wrote: StripesMaster wrote: Club Penguin Island (formerly known as Project Super Secret) will officially release in 2017 while the PC version will stay open for a few months. It's unknown when it will close though you can expect the PC version closing in Fall 2017.

      Huh? Why would you think that?

        Loading editor
    • Paddle008 wrote:

      Phineas99cp wrote: StripesMaster wrote: Club Penguin Island (formerly known as Project Super Secret) will officially release in 2017 while the PC version will stay open for a few months. It's unknown when it will close though you can expect the PC version closing in Fall 2017.

      Huh? Why would you think that?

      because it's painstakingly obvious that club penguin is dying and cpi is their last desperate attempt at getting attention and cashing in on the wallets of parents of children who're too young to realize they're being scammed

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      Paddle008 wrote:

      Phineas99cp wrote: StripesMaster wrote: Club Penguin Island (formerly known as Project Super Secret) will officially release in 2017 while the PC version will stay open for a few months. It's unknown when it will close though you can expect the PC version closing in Fall 2017.

      Huh? Why would you think that?

      because it's painstakingly obvious that club penguin is dying and cpi is their last desperate attempt at getting attention and cashing in on the wallets of parents of children who're too young to realize they're being scammed

      Star Kirby, I think you're being a bit harsh on membership. Seriously it's been here since Cp's opening.

        Loading editor
    • PenguinMan15 wrote: Star Kirby, I think you're being a bit harsh on membership. Seriously it's been here since Cp's opening.

      yes but back then it existed to boost the experience of cp, not lock it up and require you to pay to have fun in the game

        Loading editor
    • I've looked through the Club Penguin Island website, and I found some question and answers pages. I found a page with the title "What's happening with Club Penguin?" but the answer was "Don’t worry, Club Penguin is still here! Join us at http://play.clubpenguin.com/" Maybe it seems suspicious because of the word "still," but I would agree with what Phineas said of the process of how Club Penguin on the PC is going to go down.

        Loading editor
    • The new CP Island Party sucks. They can't be bothered to change the login screen. Let alone change the music or put in text on party quest screen.

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote: I wish Club Penguin was closed for NEW DISNEY MMOS (Not talking about Club Penguin Island thing) Like Toontown Online. You know, I wouldn't care because club penguin community would lose their mind... if it was closed down. but hey, on bright side... Club Penguin Online version will have free membership for Everyone else.

      Please kill the game with fire.

        Loading editor
    • Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls wrote:

      Drybones9219 wrote: I wish Club Penguin was closed for NEW DISNEY MMOS (Not talking about Club Penguin Island thing) Like Toontown Online. You know, I wouldn't care because club penguin community would lose their mind... if it was closed down. but hey, on bright side... Club Penguin Online version will have free membership for Everyone else.

      Please kill the game with fire.

      Alright. I will kill the game with fire. *kills the game with flamethrower* you know better than nothing.

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote:

      Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls wrote:

      Drybones9219 wrote: I wish Club Penguin was closed for NEW DISNEY MMOS (Not talking about Club Penguin Island thing) Like Toontown Online. You know, I wouldn't care because club penguin community would lose their mind... if it was closed down. but hey, on bright side... Club Penguin Online version will have free membership for Everyone else.

      Please kill the game with fire.

      Alright. I will kill the game with fire. *kills the game with flamethrower* you know better than nothing.

      It's just a cash grab by Disney now.

        Loading editor
    • Jackninja5, I hate Club Penguin now because it's now Crap... we must have a bitter relationship with Club Penguin Wiki... ok?

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote: Jackninja5, I hate Club Penguin now because it's now Crap... we must have a bitter relationship with Club Penguin Wiki... ok?

      Well, we don't "have to" but the CP Wiki did troll other wikis last year.

        Loading editor
    • PenguinMan15 wrote: The new CP Island Party sucks. They can't be bothered to change the login screen. Let alone change the music or put in text on party quest screen.

      When i logged in to CP, then the party interface was broken and the notice board in the Captain's Quarters still had the cat and dog puffle stuff on it

        Loading editor
    • Quackerpingu wrote:

      PenguinMan15 wrote: The new CP Island Party sucks. They can't be bothered to change the login screen. Let alone change the music or put in text on party quest screen.

      When i logged in to CP, then the party interface was broken and the notice board in the Captain's Quarters still had the cat and dog puffle stuff on it

      the reason is because sometimes the wrong media file is loaded and the game goes crazy, according to some people.

        Loading editor
    • EmpressYzma
      EmpressYzma removed this reply because:
      .
      14:23, January 12, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes
        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes

      well, i used to play Club Penguin... but not anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes

      I mean you people change your mind every party anyways and there have been fantastic parties like the Holiday Party, the 10th Anniversary and the Music Jam from last year, so it's just natural for you to do this. Not all parties will be fantastic.

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes

      Also, some people go on to talk to friends.

        Loading editor
    • And people go on CP for fun.Like children and thats what the game is made for. CHILDREN TO HAVE FUN ON IT. You don't have to ramble on about how you want the old CP back i did it it got me nowhere at all and it never will. So leave the kids to do what they please and try a CPPS like oldcp.biz thats a good one.

        Loading editor
    • RoyTheDancingRooster wrote:

      Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes

      I mean you people change your mind every party anyways and there have been fantastic parties like the Holiday Party, the 10th Anniversary and the Music Jam from last year, so it's just natural for you to do this. Not all parties will be fantastic.

      When has anyone ever changed their minds about any parties? The only time this really happened was in the Music Jam, but that was because there was a game-breaking bug that prevented people from enjoying the party.

      It's true that not all parties will be fantastic, but that doesn't mean it's okay to have all parties be garbage clickquests.

      ThePuffleKing wrote: And people go on CP for fun.Like children and thats what the game is made for. CHILDREN TO HAVE FUN ON IT. You don't have to ramble on about how you want the old CP back i did it it got me nowhere at all and it never will. So leave the kids to do what they please and try a CPPS like oldcp.biz thats a good one.

      Yes, it's made for children, but that doesn't excuse the laziness that's been happening recently. I don't think I'll offend anyone when I say that bright colorful characters is more than enough to catch the attention of children, whether it has substance or not. And they like to roleplay, which is understandable since that was the main enjoyment of CP when parties weren't going on. But when they were going on, they provided something new to enjoy, instead of "oh hey stupidly slapped-together introductory line, now go click stuff to collect it" every single week with the occasional "we'll recycle an entire party". The revelation that CPI is horrendously limited without membership just solidifies that at this point the only thing CP cares about is bringing in the money.

      I've been striding around this place again for what, 6 months? And I've seen quite a few "it's for kids and therefore you can't criticize it" arguments. The problem is that CP is now exploiting children and the fact that they're easily satisfied by putting almost no effort into it at all.

      Bottom line: The "it's for kids" argument doesn't work. If you go by that then shouldn't Foodfight and Cool Cat Saves the Kids be protected from hate?

        Loading editor
    • Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote:

      Ultimate Legend Star Kirby12 wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote: If you all hate the game why are you still here?

      because we're connected by three things

      1. our enjoyment of the game in the old days
      2. our hate of what club penguin has become
      3. memes

      I mean you people change your mind every party anyways and there have been fantastic parties like the Holiday Party, the 10th Anniversary and the Music Jam from last year, so it's just natural for you to do this. Not all parties will be fantastic.

      When has anyone ever changed their minds about any parties? The only time this really happened was in the Music Jam, but that was because there was a game-breaking bug that prevented people from enjoying the party.

      It's true that not all parties will be fantastic, but that doesn't mean it's okay to have all parties be garbage clickquests.

      ThePuffleKing wrote: And people go on CP for fun.Like children and thats what the game is made for. CHILDREN TO HAVE FUN ON IT. You don't have to ramble on about how you want the old CP back i did it it got me nowhere at all and it never will. So leave the kids to do what they please and try a CPPS like oldcp.biz thats a good one.

      Yes, it's made for children, but that doesn't excuse the laziness that's been happening recently. I don't think I'll offend anyone when I say that bright colorful characters is more than enough to catch the attention of children, whether it has substance or not. And they like to roleplay, which is understandable since that was the main enjoyment of CP when parties weren't going on. But when they were going on, they provided something new to enjoy, instead of "oh hey stupidly slapped-together introductory line, now go click stuff to collect it" every single week with the occasional "we'll recycle an entire party". The revelation that CPI is horrendously limited without membership just solidifies that at this point the only thing CP cares about is bringing in the money.

      I've been striding around this place again for what, 6 months? And I've seen quite a few "it's for kids and therefore you can't criticize it" arguments. The problem is that CP is now exploiting children and the fact that they're easily satisfied by putting almost no effort into it at all.

      Bottom line: The "it's for kids" argument doesn't work. If you go by that then shouldn't Foodfight and Cool Cat Saves the Kids be protected from hate?

      it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

        Loading editor
    • Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

        Loading editor
    • Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

      That made my day....

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

      That made my day....

      Now is when CP is really starting to get bad, it wasn't this far in years such as 2011, 12, 13 and 14 etc

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

      That made my day....

      That ruined my day....

        Loading editor
    • RoyTheDancingRooster wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

      That made my day....

      That ruined my day....

      good for you

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      RoyTheDancingRooster wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Quackerpingu wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote: it is pretty lazy. I agree. All they have is advertisements of new disney movies. They need more original parties like the winter fiesta water party summer party ect

      merry walrus party

      That was horrible

      Not as horrible as the club penguin island party

      That made my day....

      That ruined my day....

      good for you

      How rude....tsk tsk tsk.
      Angry Red

      You gotta learn to love 'em!

        Loading editor
    • can we close down this thread... this turns into a flame war.

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote: can we close down this thread... this turns into a flame war.

      all of them are.

        Loading editor
    • Drybones9219 wrote: can we close down this thread... this turns into a flame war.

      ]

      How is this a flame war.?

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      Drybones9219 wrote: can we close down this thread... this turns into a flame war.

      ]

      How is this a flame war.?

      idk

        Loading editor
    • This thread was about if or not CP is closing down anytime soon. Any thoughts....?

        Loading editor
    • StripesMaster wrote: This thread was about if or not CP is closing down anytime soon. Any thoughts....?

      It'll close on the next hibiscus moon.

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous Contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.