FANDOM


  • Disney won't even update the login screen despite them making a new one and they haven't even updated the penguin style catalog and it's 17th of March. And on Club Penguin Island you need to be member to wear the beta items.

      Loading editor
    • I agree, that's why Disney is shutting down CP to make way for Club Penguin Island to come OUT.

        Loading editor
    • Catlover002 wrote: I agree, that's why Disney is shutting down CP to make way for Club Penguin Island to come OUT.

      They're just shutting down original desktop CP to hopefully cash in on CPI. But really they won't be having my money because it looks garbage and i'd have to buy an oversized iPad to play it on. I'd use a phone but with experience playing on phones with apps like the CP app i learned it was so small and the toolbar covered half of the room i was in.

        Loading editor
    • Why can they not just convert the game to mobile, instead of making a WHOLE new game, which i heard is basically the same as the old game. Goodbye old items, you will be missed (a lot). Hello, nope, i am not considering playing the new game.

        Loading editor
    • There is no point of playing CPI if you are a non-member. C'mon, you can't wear even a hat and you need to be a member just to ride a zipline :P. The daily challenges are also getting repeated. Daily challenges are the things which make players active, and when this becomes boring, the game becomes boring. Anyway, I hope the last day of CP turns out to be a great day where many servers are full and where former players including former moderators also return just for a day.

        Loading editor
    • Sleetcp wrote: There is no point of playing CPI if you are a non-member. C'mon, you can't wear even a hat and you need to be a member just to ride a zipline :P. The daily challenges are also getting repeated. Daily challenges are the things which make players active, and when this becomes boring, the game becomes boring. Anyway, I hope the last day of CP turns out to be a great day where many servers are full and where former players including former moderators also return just for a day.

      How about they give us all membership access and the rarest items, What is there to lose?

        Loading editor
    • Sleetcp wrote: The daily challenges are also getting repeated. Daily challenges are the things which make players active, and when this becomes boring, the game becomes boring.

      For one, it would be a waste of time for their (sole) programmer to keep making new challenges with four per day for each only to appear once ever. There are like 120 different ones anyway, and if they implemented the currently unused ones too it would total around 150. That seems like plenty to me. There will surely be more too as more content is added to make challenges relating to. An alternative, like having one entirely new challenge per day seems like much too little considering dailies are vital to raising levels.

      And frankly I dont really think how interesting they are is the problem, most of them are not tedious or time consuming to do or anything so its not like its a pain to keep doing them daily. Besides, it caters well to the short attention span driven 'play a few a minutes then go fire up some other game'. I dont think the motivation is doing the challenges but rather getting rewards for leveling up by doing the challenges.

        Loading editor
    • Watatsuki wrote:

      Sleetcp wrote: The daily challenges are also getting repeated. Daily challenges are the things which make players active, and when this becomes boring, the game becomes boring.

      For one, it would be a waste of time for their (sole) programmer to keep making new challenges with four per day for each only to appear once ever. There are like 120 different ones anyway, and if they implemented the currently unused ones too it would total around 150. That seems like plenty to me. There will surely be more too as more content is added to make challenges relating to. An alternative, like having one entirely new challenge per day seems like much too little considering dailies are vital to raising levels.

      And frankly I dont really think how interesting they are is the problem, most of them are not tedious or time consuming to do or anything so its not like its a pain to keep doing them daily. Besides, it caters well to the short attention span driven 'play a few a minutes then go fire up some other game'. I dont think the motivation is doing the challenges but rather getting rewards for leveling up by doing the challenges.

      True and most people just use the daily challenges for the rewards

        Loading editor
    • I think it's safe to say CPPSs host better opportunities now than CPI will.

        Loading editor
    • Albertsstuff

      when you realise disney probably bought club penguin to trick their players into buying their crap

        Loading editor
    • Club Penguin Island sounds like somebody stuck crayons up their nose and had a sneeze.The result:the.monstrosity.of.C.P.I!

        Loading editor
    • Jesus Christ you people are so pessimistic.

        Loading editor
    • Utkar22 wrote: Why can they not just convert the game to mobile, instead of making a WHOLE new game, which i heard is basically the same as the old game. Goodbye old items, you will be missed (a lot). Hello, nope, i am not considering playing the new game.

      They actually did, just no-one played it.

        Loading editor
    • Also Ok guys, for real.

      Yes, CPI isn't supposed to close Club Penguin but at least there is something good on it.

      Like the main quests, the interaction that you can do with a lot of gears, the food items. So many good things happpenend.

      Although I can agree with most of you, It's sad seeing a non-member being treated like a plebeian and most of the members are getting treated as patricians.

      Also the disney sponsors are all over the place too, the good of CP, because It wasn't really a "LOOK, THERE IS MICKEY, THERE IS DONALD, THERE IS A PIXAR MOVIE, ISN'T THAT FUN?" it was its own thing.

        Loading editor
    • The Science Monkey wrote: Also Ok guys, for real.

      Yes, CPI isn't supposed to close Club Penguin but at least there is something good on it.

      Like the main quests, the interaction that you can do with a lot of gears, the food items. So many good things happpenend.

      Although I can agree with most of you, It's sad seeing a non-member being treated like a plebeian and most of the members are getting treated as patricians.

      Also the disney sponsors are all over the place too, the good of CP, because It wasn't really a "LOOK, THERE IS MICKEY, THERE IS DONALD, THERE IS A PIXAR MOVIE, ISN'T THAT FUN?" it was its own thing.

      There's always Club Penguin Rewritten and that's oldcp it mixes up old parties and mixes old items up while you can also be a PSA AND EPF agent

        Loading editor
    • Where is the Club Penguin Rewritten even from?

      I know the website though..

        Loading editor
    • The creator

        Loading editor
    • Fanmade? All by themselves?

      How long would it and other similar sites last anyway?

        Loading editor
    • I have no clue but it's fanmade

        Loading editor
    • Bebongchoi wrote: Fanmade? All by themselves?

      How long would it and other similar sites last anyway?

      "All by themselves" ? No, they didn't make everything from scratch. They just took an open source server, modified the script and cropped all the game assets from the original game then ta-da. It's nothing special at all, really.

      If it draws enough attention Disney can DMCA strike CPR just like how they did iCP. CPPSes are not invulnerable. Or "devs" themselves may close the ps if they can't find enough money to fund servers.

        Loading editor
    • RedBlue wrote:

      Bebongchoi wrote: Fanmade? All by themselves?

      How long would it and other similar sites last anyway?

      "All by themselves" ? No, they didn't make everything from scratch. They just took an open source server, modified the script and cropped all the game assets from the original game then ta-da. It's nothing special at all, really.

      If it draws enough attention Disney can DMCA strike CPR just like how they did iCP. CPPSes are not invulnerable. Or "devs" themselves may close the ps if they can't find enough money to fund servers.

      They had a thing where you could donate

        Loading editor
    • ThePuffleKing wrote:

      RedBlue wrote:

      Bebongchoi wrote: Fanmade? All by themselves?

      How long would it and other similar sites last anyway?

      "All by themselves" ? No, they didn't make everything from scratch. They just took an open source server, modified the script and cropped all the game assets from the original game then ta-da. It's nothing special at all, really.

      If it draws enough attention Disney can DMCA strike CPR just like how they did iCP. CPPSes are not invulnerable. Or "devs" themselves may close the ps if they can't find enough money to fund servers.

      They had a thing where you could donate

      Their players are college students at best, so most of them are unemployed. I don't think they gained enough money to keep the servers running up for at least a year and a half. Maybe not even a year.

      Also a reminder that CPR devs are not paying for only 1 server but 7 servers.

        Loading editor
    • QUICK, EVERYONE GET TO FREEPENGUIN.XYZ

        Loading editor
    • RedBlue wrote:

      ThePuffleKing wrote:

      RedBlue wrote:

      Bebongchoi wrote: Fanmade? All by themselves?

      How long would it and other similar sites last anyway?

      "All by themselves" ? No, they didn't make everything from scratch. They just took an open source server, modified the script and cropped all the game assets from the original game then ta-da. It's nothing special at all, really.

      If it draws enough attention Disney can DMCA strike CPR just like how they did iCP. CPPSes are not invulnerable. Or "devs" themselves may close the ps if they can't find enough money to fund servers.

      They had a thing where you could donate

      Their players are college students at best, so most of them are unemployed. I don't think they gained enough money to keep the servers running up for at least a year and a half. Maybe not even a year.

      Also a reminder that CPR devs are not paying for only 1 server but 7 servers.

      There's young people playing on there and their beta was in like january/feb 2017 (i think)

        Loading editor
    • Plot Twist

      Plot Twist

        Loading editor
    • There was probably an apocalypse or mass genocide on the island and this was a way to keep the survivors alive.

        Loading editor
    • gg

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous Contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.