|Time Trekker 3000|
|Located||Snow Forts (2013 & 2014)|
- This article is about the machine. For the room that is inside it, see Time Trekker.
- Not to be confused with the Time Machine 3000 or the Time Travel 1000.
The Time Trekker 3000 (or simply the Time Trekker) is a time machine in Club Penguin, invented by Gary the Gadget Guy and modeled after a Snow Trekker. The Time Trekker was used during all three Prehistoric Parties to travel back in time to prehistoric times.
As described by Gary in issue #376 of the Club Penguin Times, he uses energy harvested from the Meteor from the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 to "accelerate a localized quantum field to create a tachonic wormhole" in order to travel through time. The Time Trekker 3000 takes several days to set a new time period as its travel destination, although once a destination is set, it can freely travel to this set destination and back at will.
It was first seen in-game at the Halloween Party 2012, where it was visible from the Mansion Attic's telescope, while Gary was testing it. It was observed to be flying at a high speed and then disappearing in a flash of light.
- In issue #376 of the Club Penguin Times, Gary mentions that the Time Trekker 3000 was made from a "Ice Cream Trekker" which was originally a Snow Trekker, although he did not go into further detail as it is a "long story".
- According to Gary in issue #430 of the Club Penguin Times, "it takes several days to change the Time Trekker from forward to reverse".
- At the Future Party, which involved traveling to the future, the Time Trekker itself was not used to travel, but was instead used to power the Time Portal, a different means of time travel. It was not explained why the portal was used instead, and the only acknowledgement of this is a vague caption of "A time portal gets us there in half the... time?" in issue 447 of the Club Penguin Times.
- There is a small carving of the Time Trekker in a rock formation in The Wilds, as seen in the app Puffle Wild.
- Shortly prior to the Halloween Party 2012, Gary had mascot scripts loaded that never ended up appearing in-game. These referenced the Time Trekker before its first appearance. These scripts mention that the Time Trekker can travel to the future, a Snow Trekker was chosen as the base to appear stylish, and that the trekker requires 1.21 gigawatts of power (a reference to the movie Back to the Future). According to a comment from Spike Hike on a fan blog, these scripts were going to be part of a scrapped event that would show off then-upcoming Club Penguin technology, which was later integrated into the Club Penguin App.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Máquina do Tempo 3000|
|French||Machine Temporelle 3000|
|Spanish||Máquina viajera 3000|
- "Did you hear the news?
I have been to the future!
I invented a time machine…
…called the Time Trekker
I used the Time Trekker!
I was experimenting with time travel…
And I wound up in the future!"
- "Over there is the Time Trekker…
…My custom made Time Machine
Why did I make the Time Machine out of a Snow Trekker?
The way I see it, if you’re going to construct a time machine…
…why not do it with some panache?"
- "This is the Time Trekker
Did you know it takes at least one point twenty one gigawatts to power it"?