|Welcome to the Club Penguin Wiki, AndrewMarkNick!|
|| Hi there! Welcome to the Club Penguin Wiki, the free online encyclopedia all about Club Penguin! We hope you enjoy your stay here.|
Here are some things that may help you get started:
| If you have any questions, feel free to ask an administrator.|
We're always happy to help!
Re: Club Penguin Request
Thank you for offering to include me in your documentary. I think it's awesome that you're creating a documentary for Club Penguin's 15th anniversary, and I would love to watch it!
Although I'm not sure whether I would be able to share my memories in a format that you desire, I am sure that there are other users on this wiki who would love the opportunity to be part of your documentary. I encourage you to look though recent wiki activity and ask a few active contributors to share their memories. We also have a chat that you are welcome to join!
If you're looking for more former players to share their memories, Twitter is also a great place to ask if you haven't done so yet. Speaking of Twitter, do you have an account? If so, then I would be happy to follow you to receive updates on your documentary.
Wish you all the best,
--Hey.youcp 07:00, May 13, 2020 (UTC)
- First of all, thank you for your response!
- Of course, we accept your decision, and we'll take your advise, we'll keep looking for someone on the wiki.
- And thank you for your interest about making of the documentary. We didn't start taking care about promoting it anyway yet, so sorryfully we can't show you anything from it right now, but we can gladly tell you that it's pretty much underway. We already have material from Chris Hendricks, we have already arranged the interview with Nate Sawatzky, and we talked with Lance Priebe and Lane Merrifield, who were really open for it too.
- Although, as I said, we plan to release it on the 15th birthday, as things stands right now, we'll probably be ready around the end of summer, so then if you would like to, you'll be able to see it then, because we'll need some test audience anyway.
- With Regards,
- AndrewMarkNick (talk) 14:00, May 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Sure, I'd be honored to be part of the test audience whenever it's ready. Just let me know. Take your time on it, and whatever happens, I hope you have fun making your documentary. Good luck!
- --Hey.youcp 07:43, May 15, 2020 (UTC)
RE: Club Penguin Request
I appreciate being offered an opportunity to take part in your documentary. However I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to contribute in a meaningful way. The majority of my main memories from the game exist as fragments from my childhood that I can't piece together for a meaningful player-told story. Even though I've been a contributor and administrator on this wiki for several years, my role has mainly been improving the structure of articles, uploading higher quality images, and various administrative tasks. If you haven't done so already, I'd strongly suggest using Twitter to garner stories and memories from the large community there.
--Jeserator HTTR! 02:11, May 17, 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for atleast writing back!
- We respect your decision, and now it seems like we should really start looking for something on twitter, because you were not the first who gave that advice.
- With Regards
- AndrewMarkNick (talk) 13:56, May 18, 2020 (UTC)
- Since you already contacted some of the original Club Penguin staff, maybe you could post a tweet asking for player stories and then ask a few staff members to retweet it. That would allow their followers to see your tweet and hopefully share their memories of the game. A YouTube video promoting your documentary would also be great!
- --Hey.youcp 07:21, May 19, 2020 (UTC)
First of all excuse me, I forgot to write back.
Beyond that, the twitter idea isn't bad, but there's a problem with it. We've been through an interview with Chris and Lance, but it was of course a favour from them, to let it happen at all. So I don't want to disturbe them with anything now, it has been already a way bigger support for us, than what we have ever dreamed of. Maybe I will ask them to share the complet documentary once it is ready, but until that, I just want to let them be.
About the youtube video, when we'll be ready with the docu (it seems like we can keep that august deadline) of course there will be a trailer, but right now I can barely produce anything like a trailer, because our materials are simply too raw for that. There's still one (perhaps two) more interview ahead of us, and we've just started editing.
But thanks for trying to help, we appreciate it
AndrewMarkNick (talk) 21:02, June 1, 2020 (UTC)