|Where||South of the Town and Plaza|
|Opened||June 27, 2011|
- Were you looking for the Welcome Center?
The Welcome Solo was an area in Club Penguin which players entered after logging into the game for the first time. When entering it, an orange penguin would welcome the player, and give them a brief tutorial on the game, and explain some features of the Toolbar. After the player left the room, the Welcome Solo could not be revisited.
The room itself was a small open area, surrounded by pine trees, with a small lake nearby. There was also a sign labeled "WELCOME". Various rooms were visible in the distance, including the Town, Plaza, Lighthouse, Ski Hill, and Dojo. A few seconds after entering the room, a penguin using a jetpack could be seen in the distance.
The Welcome Solo was added to the game on June 27, 2011. Prior to the room being implemented, players would simply see a small overlay when first logging in, which gave a brief explanation on the game.
In November 2013, players no longer went to the Welcome Solo when creating an account. Instead, they would receive the same message as prior to the Welcome Solo update. A few weeks later, a new tutorial was introduced in the Welcome Solo's place, featuring Tourdude, who gave a much more elaborate and interactive tutorial.
This room was originally going to be south of and connected to the Welcome Center, a scrapped room that went through many iterations over the course of two years.
This room would have had a projector that displayed a video on a screen, showing a penguin doings various things on the island, mostly playing mini-games. This video was scrapped because the art style used for it was different from everything else in Club Penguin, and thus not reflective of the game.
- Unlike other outside rooms, the Welcome Solo always had a clear sky, even during parties where the sky was dark, such as Holiday Parties or Halloween Parties.
- A lake could be seen on the map south of the Plaza after its 2011 redesign. This may be the same lake that can be seen in the southwest corner of this room.
- In mid-2011, rarely, players would spawn in the Welcome Solo upon logging in, even if they already had logged in before. This glitch was later fixed.
- In June 2015, the room was updated to include Russian text, despite the room having been removed from the island many months prior.
- Video of earlier version of Welcome Solo (direct video link)
- Video of introduction video (direct video link)